Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“Okay but not Great!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family and I were in Shreveport for a family reunion and since we always enjoy our stay at a Hampton Inn & Suites we decided to stay here. The hotel in general has nice decor like all the other fairly new hotels but I didn't like the location of the hotel. It was right next to a highway which turned out not to be too bad because I-220 isn't that busy of a highway.

It was located around a lot of eating places but it was entirely too close to this Mexican restaurant that played loud live music at night. I would recommend asking for a room on the west side of the hotel away from the Mexican restaurant. The good thing about the location was that it wasn't far from downtown where the Boardwalk is. For some reason I thought there was going to be a hot tub by the outdoor pool but there wasn't, so that was a little bit of a bummer!

The main reason we choose Hampton is because they all offer free hot breakfast and free wifi in the rooms if your a HHonors member, I think. Not sure if everyone else gets free wifi in the room. We have two kids and so having free breakfast is very convenient and we don't have to worry about finding them something to eat in the mornings. The breakfast is always just okay; never too good, never too bad! Buy hey, it's good enough. But there was a lady by the name of Rhonda who was the breakfast lady and she was very sweet and every morning she made sure we had what we needed.

The staff was friendly and helpful as always when we stay at a Hampton. The rooms are nicely decorated, with a microwave and refrigerator which are a plus for me. The beds were fairly comfortable. I didn't wake up with a back ache so there you go. Maid Service always made sure we had fresh, clean towels and straightened beds after we came back from a long day out. But one of the problems I encountered happened on an accident. I accidentally spilled something on the bathroom floor and when I went to ripe it up, needless to say, the tile floors weren't clean at all! I'm a germaphobic and so I immediately took a wet towel, doused it in soap and proceeded to mop the floor myself. The floor obviously hadn't been moped in a very long time.

The other problem happened on the very last day of our stay. Early in the morning around 5 or 6 I smelled this awful smell (diarrhea). I thought it was my husband or one of my kids but after I confronted my husband and he denied it being him, I just tried to go back to sleep. Since I couldn't go back to sleep, the smell just kept getting worse. Finally around 8 that morning I realized it wasn't coming from our room. I'm not sure where it was coming from, but wherever it was coming from it made us decide to check out early and head home. The walls were very thin as well. We arrived during the week so there weren't many guests beside our room but after a couple of days we could hear everything. One morning I could here the neighbor blow drying her hair early in the morning like around 7 and I could even hear it when she put it down on the counter. Now that's too thin of walls!

So, I would say my stay wasn't a total bust but I've been to better Hampton Inns and definitely better hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room on the southwest side of the hotel furthest away from the highway. If you haven't...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LLCherie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We were in town for a funeral and stayed at Hampton Inn. It is new so very clean, modern furnishings. Beds are new pillowtop, very comfy. Desk attendants seem poorly trained. Check in was chaotic. The guy was friendly but was very stressed by having 3 guests checking in tho no one was rushing him. Later when we had no hot water, he suggested we let it run a while. Gee, why didn't I think of that! After a cold shower I called to complain. Miraculously it got hot and stayed hot the rest of our stay. Management deserves cudos for offering a bereavement rate when he learned the reason for our stay. Very nice and appreciated!

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I arrived for a late check in and was greeted with a friendly face. The clerk was having difficulty getting the computer system to cooperate with her however didn't skip a beat and checked me in right away. Despite the hiccups she still informed me about the free breakfast served in the AM and was very friendly. I also noticed a mexican restaurant next door however didn't get a chance to try it. Hotel was very clean and new. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of may 12th 2012, it was very nice rooms and very very clean, they breakfast staff and breakfast was the best but watch the the quacks behind the desk they over charged our debit account, and they just had no clue!!!!!! i know that we are from down south and have a cajun accent but damn!!! i felt like we needed a pass port to be their talking too them quacks, where do they find these people of excuse me kids!!!!!!!

Room Tip: our room was facing west and was very scenic view and less noisy........
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stay in Hamptons fairly regularly and the hotels are usually on par with each other. This was the case in Bossier City with the exception of breakfast. I went for breakfast about an hour before breakfast ends and there was no food, no coffee and the buffet was a mess. I asked the attendant about the food and she offered a pastry. Why didn't she have food out? Seemed to me she didn't care. Well, we left, bought breakfast elsewhere and will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here on business for 2 nights. The hotel is new and very clean. It has the really comfortable Hampton beds and is convenient to the interstate, restaurants, and shopping for things you might need when you're traveling. There's a Mexican resaurant right next door that you can walk to, and also a ruby Tuesday within walking distance. B-52 bombers fly by on approach all day, but I enjoyed watching them, and didn't notice if they were still flying at night. The breakfast host was SUPER nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business