“Nice for the price”

MainStay Suites
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
“Nice for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

this place was nice for the price. there was some remodeling going but our room was nice. unlike the other reviews our room didn't smell and had clean sheets. the AC work wonderful the microwave work there was even a coffee pot dishwasher and full size stove. the fridgerator was like a house. Our room nor did the fridge smell when you open it up but could use a wiping on top. there were signs of remodeling in the room fresh carpet ,fresh paint,... however being a painter, I noticed that the ceiling was not cut in around the smoke detector. the front door could have used some work as well as the toilet paper holders in the bathroom. the door to the air conditioning unit was dirty... but overall the room was nice I would stay there again. Maby have a new owners they just need some time to fix it up. the free breakfast was good and the staff was very courteous and friendly. didn't swim in the pool but it looks nice is well. as far as parking goes there could be a little more. we stayed in room 223 and the noise from i-20 was annoying but I slept well. the outside have been freshly painted and look nice however there were some trim that was forgotten. I do believe there needs to be better quality control after the rooms have been completed. but for the overall price this day was
nice.

• Stayed June 2013
MainStay S, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your stay at our hotel.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

1. Dirty-not vacuumed, surfaces not cleaned
2. Beat up and run down. Furniture abused etc.
3. Disorganized- staff put queen sheet on king bed and left it hanging half off.
4. Tacky-I knew when I walked in and saw the condoms for sale at the front desk that I had screwed up. Obviously not run by someone who has a solid grasp on things.

• Stayed June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

For our recent reservation, we were "upgraded" to a "penthouse suite." What a joke. This room was in horrible need of a renovation and thorough cleaning.
Starting with the room door, 30% of the paint was peeled off (looked like a workshed door), the door didn't fit the frame correctly (you could see a lot of light around it), and the lock felt flimsy at best.
The smoke alarm was hanging from its wires.
The electrical outlet plates on the walls were barely attached and askew (showing the space behind it).
Found a few bugs on the bed.
The walls were stained and dirty.
The downstairs couch and chair were very stained (we used a sheet over it as a cover).
To boot, a large party in the adjacent building was partying late into the night in the courtyard, very noisy. Also, the nearby interstate noise was so loud it kept us from sleeping well.
At checkout, when I told the front desk clerk about all the above, her response was that this was a 30-year-old hotel with 1-year-old new owners and these things "take time to fix." At this rate, they won't have any customers by the time they get around to fixing things up.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Wichita, KS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We checked in and found our Executive Suite unmade. Called the office at 4:30 pm and let them know. The said they would send housekeeping. We headed to Saturday evening mass, dinner and returned at 8pm to the same unmade unclean room. Desk clerk said Sorry, I don't know how they keep this place open. I don't know what to tell you. I asked if they could move us she said no there was nothing available. I took sheets and towels and made my own bed. In the morning I spoke to the manager and said there was no way I was paying for a room I had to clean and make up myself, she said she couldn't do that. The room would have to be paid for. I reluctantly paid. The hotel looked very nice on the exterior. It was a residence type hotel, kitchen cabinet where glasses were kept had a box of mouse poisoning and I know why. The cabinet drawer under the stove had mouse tracings. Lots of them. The curtains were hanging by 3 drape hooks. General upkeep of rooms were poor at best. Carpet was moldy by the window and closet door was off the track and propped. I would think it was on the middle of remodeling but we ran into folks at breakfast the next morning and they let us look at their regular suite and theirs was not any different other than their bed was made for them and they only had dirty dishes in the cupboard, no mouse poison.

On the positive, lobby was clean and beautifully modern. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013
Houma, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Overall we were satisfied with the rooms. We had two rooms - a 2 bedroom suite and King Bed suite. The 2 bedroom suite was in pretty good condition. The king suite had a few issues. The bathroom wasnt too clean. There was mold surrounding the AC vent in the bathroom. The door that housed the AC unit was covered with dust and the vent cover was broken. The fridge had a smell when you opened it.

Would I stay there again.. Yes but not in that particular room unless they fix some of the issue.

Also.. dont expect to feed a family of 3 - there was only one fork, one spoon, and one knife.. :)

And the swimming pool and hot tub were closed for the season (to be opened May 1) but that thing was so disgusting that i dont recommend anyone swim in it even after its cleaned and opened. There was a thick slimy film covering the hot tub and both were so green you couldnt see the bottom.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dantespeak123
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My family and I needed a place to stay in while waiting to close on our home. What was supposed to be a week turned into 2. We started with a queen suite with sofa sleeper...first, there were TONS of visible water damage on the ceiling, the tv's picture is HORRIBLE, we had to jiggle the door handle to make it latch, it smelled of mildew around the bed, and the floors looked AND felt as if they only get a broom ran across it. After being there a few days it rained and low and behold our roof leaked(how it did on a bottom unit I don't know, but it did). After finding out we had to stay another week we asked for an upgraded room at a discounted price because of the leak in the other room. We were given a discount but were told "I'm not going to give a big one because it only rained one day!" We get to our "upgraded room" and the floors are even more disgusting. Food is stuck on the floor, there are dirty nasty pots and pans in the dishwasher, it feels like we're going to fall through the floor when walking, the tv is even more horrible, the closet doors downstairs are tore up, we try to use the microwave and it doesn't work, the upstairs window unit has a horribly nasty air filter sitting on top of it(not even in), and the curtains look as if they've been pulled down and "rigged" back up. We called to ask to have our microwave problem fixed, the floors cleaned and told them about the filter. 3 days later its not fixed, we were told that since we're extended stay guests housekeeping won't come do the floors until the intended time, and the filter was never addressed. We reused bath towels until they needed to be exchanged and when we asked for more we were handed towels that will barely cover up my 2 year old daughter because we were told "that's all we have right now". I wouldn't recommend ANYONE to stay here. The only thing updated looks to be that the outside was painted. I'm not even going to talk about the rude woman who I believe to be a manger who looks and acts like she hates her job. Only good thing about this place is they have complimentary breakfast and the waffles are pretty and the ladies running that we're really sweet.

• Stayed April 2013
Jackson, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was booked to this hotel through my company to do overnight work. I arrived about an hour and a half before I was supposed to have started. First, at check-in, they ask me for the corporate card that the reservation was booked with. I wouldn't have access to that because the company made the reservation through a travel representative. They settle that issue and I get my room key. I go to the room and its the WORST room I've ever seen. The headboard is pulled from the wall. More like ripped from the wall and it was covered up with the pillows. How could housekeeping NOT see this?? Next, the bathroom...the back of the toilet was broken and the toilet tissue holder was broken off the wall. I wasn't able to back to the desk to voice my complaints because I had to begin my shift. However, on my break, I called the hotel and informed them about the room and my request to change. I was initially told that no other rooms were available, but something would be worked out.

I returned to the hotel the following morning after my shift was complete around 7:00 a.m. I went to the desk and told them I had called several hours before about getting a different room, but I again was told that there were no rooms available. I was so frustrated and tired because of working all night. I returned to the room, but I couldn't rest because I didn't trust anything about that room. I refused to sleep on the bed because if they didn't care about fixing the headboard, I question the cleanliness of the room itself. They did call themselves sending maintenance to fix things, but nothing was really fixed. I sat in the lobby for a while to show that I wasn't going anywhere until I got a room. The GM did eventually find me another room. It was just a bit passed lunch time. It should have never come to that, nor should it have taken so long. Its interesting that the other 2 reps that work for the same company received penthouse suites and I had to argue to get a room that wasn't trashed. I have my suspicions, but I won't use this place to entertain such a forum. As a customer, I should have been given better service in a more expeditious amount of time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business