“Helpful staff”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Austin, Texas
“Helpful staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We just came back from a 2 night stay, celebrating our 32nd anniversary. Had a room with a jacuzzi tub. Room was nice and clean and bed was comfortable. Casino was ok. We enjoy playing slots and can usually play for a while on a small amount of money. The slots were very tight - didn't even give you a couple credits now and then to allow you some play time. We ended up going to another casino for a while. The staff was very helpful. We had purchased some tickets that we needed to print out and had trouble doing that in the computer room. The manager allowed us back into the office so that we could print from there. One complaint I have, other than the tight slot machines is the charge of $9.99 a day to use the wifi internet. I have never stayed in a hotel that has charged for the internet usuage. I felt that was a very steep charge. All in all the stay was nice, but if we come back we will most likely gamble elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank D5240
, Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I am so excited that you found our staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed your room accomodations. We are working right now to ensure our business center is functioning properly and available for all of our guests internet and printing needs. The business center is available for 24 hours and does provide complimentary internet. We look forward to your next visit and I certainly hope those slots treat you nicer on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Jasper, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My wife and I love the casino and hotel,It's Always clean and the staff is wonderfull. If your going to Bossier this is the best to play and stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry H
BoomtownHotelManager, Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
I get excited everytime I read comments such as your own. At Boomtown Bossier we strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We want to provide memorable experiences for everyone that walks through our doors. Thank you for your wonderful comments!
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

My stay and service was nothing less than top notch. Friendly staff, excellent service and excellent hotel accomodations made this stay an enjoyable one

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MeganJToohey
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I have to agree with you about your comments in regards to our staff, they certainly are "top notch!" Thank you for your wonderful comments and I hope you will visit us again soon!
shreveport
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I live here and i play here.. i win at boomtown and love thebuffet and the hotel and they make me feel like a VIP.. i have went to vegas on them in 2011 and will go again this year too .. and b4 you thinkit NO i am NOT a high roller.. but i do take my winnings and RUN..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank sherry M
BoomtownHotelManager, Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel and property. We appreciate your loyalty to Boomtown Casino & Hotel in Bossier City and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I took the reviews here to heart and booked a room at Boomtown instead of the Horseshoe, my usual place. Boy what a mistake. There were two dingy elevators to the floor, poorly lit hallways that were so cramped you could only pass by turing sideways, and the room had a small sink area outside of a room that was at most 8 ft. long by 5 ft wide for a bathroom. The tub surface was black on a sandstone colored tub. The toilet was in that tiny room as well. The bed looked ok and there was a flat screen in the room and coffeemaker but
I checked out. I told them 'its not the Horseshoe.' See my other reviews to know why. I like gambling here but the casino is small. The Cattlemans Buffet makes up for the rest it is so delicious. I will stick with the Horseshoe for now. I also like Boomtown offers in the mail for free credits but will use their valet parking and casino facilities only from now on. I do not know why there are ranked so highly I would never put them in the same category as the Horseshoe.

Room Tip: get in the Total Rewards program and get free rooms at Harrahs or Horseshoe.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jthutmd
I appreciate your comments in regards to your recent experience at our property. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and provide extraordinary offerings to our guests. We pride ourselves on our Southern hospitality and having the friendliest team members in town! I do hope we will have the opportunity to impress you in the future.
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The room was awesomely neat; satin ceiling, a curtain that lets NO light in, and lots of space. The rest of the place had a nice decoration. The "casino" in itself wasn't as big as you expect for such a Huge building! The hallway going to it seemed the same size as the casino itself! The grill is closed monday and tuesday for those that like long weekends that last till monday, go eat somewhere else! I didn't give it a full rating mostly because a place this Big and with that price Should include a 24 hour restaurant (its a Casino!) and free internet: no internet, no higher rating. If you want a clean room and a bit of fun though.. yeah, thats your place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room a bit closer to the elevator or they'll send you to the end of the hall!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for visiting Boomtown Bossier! I am excited to have read your wonderful comments about the hotel room during your stay. We certainly pride ourselves on our updated accomodations! We do have the wonderful 24 hour Boomers Cafe that offers an array of salads, desserts, and cooked to order items. I regret this was not available to you during your stay as it is possible it was closed for cleaning or etc. We are always striving to provide an amazing casino experience for our guests with 1,000 of the latest and greatest slot machines and exciting table games stretching across three floors of non-stop gaming action. We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience in the future!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2012

If we'd stayed solely to gamble at the casino, I'd have to have dropped my rating to 3 out of 5. Since we were more interested in a place to sleep, I can't say we were disappointed.

PROS:
The rooms are nicely furnished; very chic and warm decor. The bed was also very comfortable. The employees were very friendly, and the price was right on. Additionally, my partner and I won free lunches at the casino to their buffet. The food was actually really good! We were happy with our stay.

CONS: If you're a gambler, be aware that this is the smaller of the resort casinos. It was packed when we arrived at 3 PM on a Monday. If you're a non-smoker or sensitive to smoke, this is not the casino for you. They have cigarette vending machines, but you won't need to buy any with all the second hand smoke you'll inhale.
The walls in the hotel's rooms are very thin. We heard conversations, coughing, tv shows, etc. from surrounding rooms and hallways. Standard rooms, at least, are not furnished with mini fridges or microwaves, and using wi-fi for a night will cost you $10.

NOTE: the door handles must be turned UP to open your door!! Save yourself the trouble of looking the fool like I did trying to open the darn thing. My neighbors got to listen to me lose a fight with a door for two minutes...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grayanotoxin
Thank you for choosing Boomtown Casino & Hotel as your accomodations of choice for your trip to Bossier City. I appreciate your comments in regards to your stay. I hate that you had such a hard time gaining access to your hotel room. I will work very dilligently with our Front Desk team to ensure our guests are well informed about our door locks so that we may prevent this from happening in the future! Thank you again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#2 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Boomtown Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!