“Awesome Upgrade!”

Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Absolutely lived our stay at this hotel. Didn't want to leave! Myself and two teenagers arrived at 10pm as we were traveling back to Lafayette from Dallas. Upon check-in, we asked the attendant if we could have a cot brought up to the room as they didn't want to share a bed. He was great and even joked with them about it. He gave us out room key and up we went. To the top (19th) floor. He gave us a suite with a wrap around balcony! Right after we entered our suite an employee knocked on the door with a cot. The room was beautiful. Spacious, gorgeous decor, floor to ceiling windows, comfortable beds and furniture, huge garden tub with at least a two person glass enclosed shower. From the shower if the curtains were open in the bedroom you can see the view of the city. I was in heaven! When I called in the morning and asked for late checkout (noon) no problem! My only con was that I was told when I called downstairs for more towels (there were only two in our room) that additional towels were $10 a pair. Still, all in all a great experience. All of the employees that we ran into while strolling through the hotel were very friendly and helpful and had smiles on their faces. I will stay again anytime I'm in the area. The Jimmy Buffett restaurant was also great with a nice staff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Aloha Awesome Upgrade:

Thank you for your review of Margaritaville Resort Casino. It was a great review and we are so pleased you had a great time. Your identification of the friendliness of our crew members is phenomenal and we truly appreciate your input.

Keep those reviews coming and join us again soon for more fun.

M. Floyd, Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,719)

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I had been in Margaritaville many times but this was the first time I stayed and it won't be the last. The room was beautiful and we had a wonderful view of the river. I travel often and this is the friendliest staff I've encountered. We went to the Boz Scaggs concert and the venue is excellent. It gives you that up close and personal feel.
I love this place and will definitely be back often!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Aloha Lolly:

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of our property on TripAdvisor. We are ever so pleased you have had the opportunity to stay with us recently. The Paradise Theater was designed to provide that up close and personal feeling for guests. We love the fact that you identified this area and hope you have the opportunity to join us again soon for more fun and relaxation.

Have a great day and come back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

It's 5 o!clock all the time at this location! This is a great place to visit, I just wish I was here for fun instead of business. You will definitely feel welcome and enjoy the accommodations. There is a spa that I did not get to visit. I had a cheese burger in paradise and it was amazing! No worries with this location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Aloha Georgias!

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We hope you have the opportunity to come back and stay for a relaxation. When you do take time to visit be sure to check out the spa, hang out at the pool and just have fun with our crew members.

Again, thank you for the review.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Loved the service of the employees, the clean room, and especially the swimming pool and
hot tub, however, the food service in the grill could have been better; this is the 2nd time we
have visited and the employee seemed to be put out because we wanted to order off of the
Asian menu-soup and egg rolls. Also the restaurant food was overcooked and extremely
over seasoned.

1  Thank Kim R

Aloha and Greetings Kim from Margaritaville,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of our property. We want to thank you for your compliments on our property and also to apologize for the experience you had in our café. I have forwarded your comments to the manager for review and correction. We hope you will return soon and when you do you find improvements that please you.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We love the Margaritaville . We love the hotel rooms, the buffet, the restaurant, the casino but we do not like that we can never get a drink. We were there Easter weekend. I was playing slots & I wanted a beer. I left my machine & walked around until I found a waitress. I ask if I could get a beer. She told me that she would get the waitress that worked my area. Waited but no one ever came. Moved on to different area. I saw a waitress taking drink orders & asked if she would take me order. She told me that she would be right there. She left and I never saw her again. I moved on again and a waitress was walking by. I yelled at her & she came over & took my order. I watched her walk away & go stand in a corner with 2 other casino workers . They talked for about 10 mins. She finally came back with my beer. This is not the first time I have complained about getting a drink at the casino. Why can't we walk up to the bar & get a free drink like the Horseshoe? Also, the Horseshoe has their waitresses pushing a beer cart with several different types packed in ice. They also have bottled water. So easy to get a beer. Other than that- we loved Margaritaville.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Aloha from Margaritaville Resort Casino:

We want to thank you for being a repeat guest here at Margaritaville and also for this second review. I want to offer you my sincere apologies for the delay in beverage service and to let you know that I have forwarded your suggestion to management and thank you for taking time to provide a suggestion.

I hope you return soon to find improvements.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I can't figure out how this hotel got some bad reviews (I do understand the disappointment of the pool not being open). No tiny bottles of shower gel and conditioner (they're in tamper proof containers attached to the shower wall). Yes the pillows are huge, be we also had smaller ones for sleeping. The big ones are great for propping yourself up to watch a little TV. There are beautiful ceiling fans, a gorgeous bathroom sink and huge bath towels. We didn't encounter any rudeness from any employee. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Double queen rooms have a river view. Very pretty at night......
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Aloha from Margaritaville Resort Casino!

Thank you for providing a review of our property on TripAdvisor. We rely on the candid remarks and reviews of our guests to improve and enhance our guest service. Thank you so much for your many compliments especially to the friendliness of our crew members. We love life here on our little square of paradise and hope you will return for more relaxation and fun.

M. Floyd
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We really love the rooms it is like staying on the gulf coast. The pillows and bed are the kind you want for your own home.
We got plenty of gaming in for our money and had a blast
The breakfast buffet was fresh and tasty plenty or variety and very attractive.

• Stayed: April 2014

Aloha from Margaritaville Resort Casino:

So glad you had a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and gaming we have to offer. I have to agree the beds in the hotel are extra comfortable and I wish I had one as well.

Thank you for providing a review on TripAdvisor. Please keep us up to date on future trips.

M.Floyd

Hilton Shreveport
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport

Been to Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City? Share your experiences!