“Great Experience”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant instead of driving to Shreveport. The company at the hibachi grill was excellent along with the food. Must try the Kobe balls.

1  Thank Sandra B

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The food was good but the service was almost not there. The chef was somewhat dour and seem like his mind was else where, not as entertaining as other similar places I have eaten. Rather slow to get started, the fried rice was almost tasteless and drink service was very slow in coming. It will be a long time before I return to this restaurant. Oh, and one more thing, the added 18% gratuity added to the bill was way too much for the service rendered. I tip well when the service is excellent, but here you do not have that choice. They need to change that about this place until the service matches the gratuity charge!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

One of my favorite local spots. Great food and fun experience. I try to bring my family and let them enjoy the experience. Overall a very good place to eat. Place is very clean to include restrooms. The only things that I would suggest for this place is to update their outside signage and lighting. There has been is no lettering placed on the sign atleast for the last 8 months. When I drove past it my first time I thought the business was closed down. Secondly, the price of a meal for two has average cost of $60. I would love to eat here often but the price does force me only to dine on special occasions.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

As usual the food was excellent...AFTER waiting at the hibachi almost 45 minutes before they started cooking. Waitress was basically non existent after we placed our orders. Our entire group was having to get up and get our own refills while waitresses and the hostess walked right by us. After all this, the 18% gratuity was still added to all our tickets even though service sucked.

We complained about this and were basically told tough luck and that it is printed on the menu that tip would be added for groups. It did not matter that we had to wait on ourselves. There is another hibachi restaurant in town and couple others across the river in Shreveport. Congrats Kobe, your service and customer service will cause everyone in our group to eat at Shogun or somewhere else from now on!

1  Thank bassadict69
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My DH, 7 year old and I were in town for Christmas. We LOVE our local Hibachi restaurant and were excited to try this different chain. The service was average and the chef entertaining. There were 9 in our party with the tickets split by family totaling 3. An 18% gratuity was added to each ticket. This would not have been an issue if I had liked any of the food. My DH and I agreed that the flavor of everything was horrible. We began with a shrimp tempora sushi was was very good aside from the brown sauce they topped it with. The salad was topped with a spicy mustard type of sauce. The constancy of which was off putting in visual and taste. The soup is sipped from a small dish. The soup was the only item that tasted the same as our local restaurant. I chose shrimp with fried rice for my main course. I was hoping being in LA that the shrimp would be better than at home in WV, but I could not have been more wrong, These tiny shrimp shrunk even more with cooking. And although my portion was large (for 22+ I would expect so) the taste was off. Fried rice is hard to mess up, but Kobe has found a way. The vegetables were broccoli, zucchini, onions and mushrooms. Our local restaurant also includes crinkly cut carrots and I missed the burst of color. It is so hard to know if you will like a restaurant before you eat there. Not all mouths are created equal. But I would not have paid $10 for the food let alone the $100.00 we ended up forking out.

Been to Kobe? Share your experiences!