A king size bed room for $53.96 plus tax can't be that bad. Well... We checked in for two nights and the front desk woman was very nice. She gave us a room and we went to it. It literally had NO lightbulbs in the lights and after getting lightbulbs, the light that was attached to the wall for a reading light for one side of the bed had a cord that did NOT reach to the nearest outlet. (I guess it was never, ever plugged in.) The maintenance man brought an extension cord, but by then we noticed black ash/dust/particles from the light bulbs (??) on the tops of the nightstands and asked for another room. The second room was also missing 4 lightbulbs and its curtain did not work at all so you could not open it to see out the window. The 3rd room had working lights (but one was burned out so I just took a light bulb from our first room since our luggage was still there) and a working curtain. All 3 rooms did have refrigerators and microwaves, although I noticed that all 3 refrigerators were different sizes. Anyway, the third room seemed to work fine but was very stained/old/worn/etc. However, it was clean but I only figured that out after taking a wet washcloth to just about every surface to "clean" it and then the white washcloth was still very white. (They might try to charge you $3/night for the refrigerator/microwave. Just dispute it and they'll take it off. They are IN the room so how can they charge for something that is IN every room?) The door to the room is not tight fitting and you can see light very easily around the edges of the door. The room is absolutely huge and the tv and wireless work just fine. The bathroom is tiny but all of the faucets and stuff work fine. Anyway, they are incredibly nice (i.e. I asked for directions and 3 hours later when I walked by the front desk coming back from our outing the front desk clerk asked if I found it okay and this happened 2 other times, too) and the room seems clean, but it really is very worn. There is an ad in the local TravelHost magazine that says Rodeway Inn -- newly renovated rooms and free breakfast. Neither of these are true. At check in you receive a coupon for $1.50 off of your breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. We didn't go there so I can't speak for it. And, the room certainly wasn't newly renovated. So, I guess you get what you pay for. The sheets were clean (I checked) and the towels were cleaned. And the maid DID vacuum after our first night and before our second night since I had put some lint on the floor from my pants pockets and it was gone when we got back. So, it did seem clean, just incredibly old and run down and tattered/stained/battered. But, very nice staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Bossier City, LA, Rodeway Inn near Barksdale AFBThe Rodeway Inn & Suites® At the Casino hotel is ideally located just minutes from a variety of exciting gambling destinations like Sam's Town, Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport, DiamondJacks Casino & Resort, Boomtown Casino, Horseshoe Bossier City casino and Harrah's Louisiana Downs Casino & Racetrack. This Bossier City, LA hotel is also close to CenturyTel Center arena and Barksdale Air Force Base.Find that must-have item at the Pierre Bossier Mall, featuring more than 70 specialty shops, a 10-restaurant food court and amusement rides for the kids. The nearby Louisiana Boardwalk is one of the state's largest shopping, dining and entertainment districts. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel has two on-site bars.Hotel features and amenities include:Free continental breakfast Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free local calls Outdoor pool and patioExercise room Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like access to copy and fax services, desks in some rooms and a public computer with Internet access. Meeting and banquet space is available for a variety of functions.All spacious guest rooms at this Bossier City, LA hotel come equipped with cable television. Some rooms feature microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Non-smoking rooms are offered.Ample parking is available on the premises and can accommodate most cars, trucks and buses.The Rodeway Inn & Suites At the Casino hotel offers a great location, affordable rates and southern hospitality in Bossier City. Make your reservations with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City Hotel Bossier City
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Bossier City
- Bossier City Rodeway Inn
- Rodeway Inn Bossier City