Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$116
US$152
US$144
US$132
TownePlace Suites
Quality Inn & Suites(Bossier City)
US$67
US$109
US$145
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Once upon a time... This place was a great hotel, I'm sure. This Rodeway is a large, very large, property, with abundant common areas, including a bar, a video arcade, a swimming pool, etc., just like a resort... but old, very old. Is is quite hard to find something new or even at half use. Even corridors are oversized, our room was extra-large, or the parking lot was huge, the whole place is quite worn out and needs an urgent renovation. Uneven, stained and smelly carpet called my attention above the rest. No maintenance can help this place anymore.

And the music? Where did that music come from? It sounded as if the band was performing in our room! It was no neighbor, it came to be the sports bar in the ground floor. Finally, we were moved to a different room.

On the pro side, the staff, always trying to do their best to compensate the state of the place. Good for them! And thank you all for your time and efforts!

Room Tip: Should you decide to stay here and want to sleep before 2 am, ask for a room away from the bar and saloon
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I have just read the reviews of this establishment and feel the need to leave mine. We have been staying here for the past 7 weeks and looks like we will be here another 3-4 weeks. The staff that works here is GREAT. The Hotel needs updating and they are working on it. As fast as the staff can clean and fix things occupants tear it up and leave messes BIG ones. People smoke in the hallways and drop their ashes and cigerette buts all over the place. The laundry room does not stand a chance because people are SLOBS. What happened to taking pride in where you live and respect of others. It is NOT the staff but the occupants that are the problem. I give this place a strong 2+ for the establishment and a strong A+ for all the staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LaurelS_11

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and the positive comments you provided. I will share the review with the team and give them a special thanks as they are doing a wonderful job! We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

We have family that recently moved to South Louisiana. We all decided to meet in Bossier City for a 5 day vacation. We are from Arkansas.

I have read some of these other reviews, so actually I was afraid to make reservations for my family at this location, but it was fairly priced & was centrally located to the area.
I looked at my room prior to checking in for this reason. But,I have to tell the truth.
I met some of the pipeline workers that stay there. Actually they were very friendly. My family saw some sites of the area,ate some great food. We grilled at the pool,swimming almost every afternoon. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Rooms are large. Ours was clean & staff was all very friendly. Probably friendlier than most of the pricey hotels!

I met the Manager the day before we left. She seemed to know most of her guests. They were very busy. I think the friendliness has alot to do with it.

And yes we will return at Thanksgiving.

1  Thank Familytypeaguy
JoannaFolse, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

We are glad you had a good stay and thank you so much for your taking time to write a comment.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is the worst hotel I've ever been in. Most of the people here are homeless and treat it like a slum complex. I couldn't get housekeeping to clean the room even though I was here a week. Their idea of clean towels is they come by in the morning and get your dirty towels and bring them back sometime in the afternoon. (I had to actually go up to the front desk and ask for towels) There were ants all over the room and I made several complaints about that but it didn't do any good. They expect you to bring your garbage out to them and then they hand you garbage bags. You can't enjoy the pool because you have nothing but a bunch of drunks out there swearing at the top of their lungs while they let their kids run around bugging anyone. Basically it's nothing but a bunch of trailer trash homeless people here that show no consideration for anyone but themselves and management won't do anything about it. I guess they get too much from the taxpayers to worry about it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JoannaFolse, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear mam, I am sorry you feel this way about our hotel. After coming to your room I did write up the housekeeper for not cleaning your room correctly. In regards to your complaints we are a 237 room hotel and we are sold out almost every night, we offer extended stay rates (which you had 35.00) we only do full housekeeping twice a week with that rate. We are NOT a homeless hotel but we do cater to extended stay business for the Oil and Gas industry. When you brought you issues to our attention we made everything right for you. We also have a pet policy that pets are required to be kenneled, and your dog was not at any time which is a 200.00 pet fine. Housekeeping is instructed if a pet is in the room and not kenneled they do NOT go in the room. I am sorry you fell it was still a bad stay after I tried to make it right.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I have stayed at many motels and have never had such an awful experience. When we checked in and got into our room a hotel staff came by to get their beer out of the rooms fridge. The place smelled of decay. I opened a new role of toilet paper to discover it was MILDEWED in the package. The beds were so broke down that when my husband laid on his side, my side dipped down in the middle without me on it. I took my children out to the pool to play and there was people having drinking parties by the pool, my children were terrified. There were other customers loitering in the hallway and making rude comments to my oldest daughter. This is NOT a place to stay if you are a family trying to have a relaxing time.