“Great place for smokers”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and were somewhat disappointed. The hotel was really nice when it was built, but it seems that the current owners are not upkeeping it. The carpet needs to be stretched as it is bubbled up all over the place. It needs a new paint job as well. The regular room rate is $50, which may be the lack of care for the place. The whole place also smells of smoke, even the nonsmoking rooms. On the upside, the staff was nice and the area is safe. If you just need a bargain room and don't mind the facility; it would be an acceptable place to stay, especially if you smoke.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sam M
Rodeway Inn S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our Rodeway Inn in Bossier City. Your comments help us to improve our product and they are welcomed. I have spoken with our housekeeping department and we have washed walls and cleaned carpets to take care of the smoke smells on the property. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward in seeing you again

Ron Smith

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Had a King size suite. The way the room was laid out with the furniture was perfect and made for a very spacious atmosphere. The room was very clean and the hotel was easy to get around in and find everything that you needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful even though the night we stayed the manager was training a new person. Everything went smooth and without delay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our Roseway Inn and Suites in Bossier City. We appriciate your comments and hope that the next time you are in this area you will stay with us again.

Ron Smith

Reviewed 25 January 2013

this place was gross. if your going to renovate a wing, then either shut down the hall way or clean it (looked like there might have been a fire or meth lab). the entry tile to that hall was disgustingly dirty. there was a piece of cheese on the floor the whole weekend. the carpet in the room was torn and stripped, furniture miss matched, shower was horrible, what a dump!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erich G
Rodeway Inn S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I could go on and on about how incredibly terrible this experience was: non-existant customer service, drunk locals hanging out in the halls, incredibly DIRTY rooms, carpet, bedding, bathroms but all you need to know is: they have bed bugs! Stay away! The only reason we stayed here is bc we were driving cross country and stopped @ this place about 2 in the morning but if I had known about the bugs i would have grabbed my stuff and left.

• Stayed: November 2012
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I needed to be in town for two nights in Nov '12 and thought I'd stay at this location. Good price, pet friendly, and convenient to where I needed to be. This place needs a serious makeover! Worn, dirty carpet, peeling paint, leaky faucets, smoking rooms located right next to non-smoking rooms. In addition, what a joke for a continental breakfast: sugary cereals, mini-muffins, non-working waffle maker, juice and coffee.

Seems like a lot of seedy weekly residents stay at this place.

On my last night, there was a private party with a band in one of the meeting halls which kept me up most of the night. Management didn't seem concerned about it.

If I could give this place a "0", I would. Never, ever, ever again.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Reviewed 11 November 2012

the is the worst hotel i have been, for what i paid for. it was in need of a remodeling. the carpet had a odor, spot all over the bedroom and the bathroom will i shower in beach slipper.i will never book another Rodeway in any state in usa.....

Room Tip: i could give any tips
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Reviewed 5 November 2012

After reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting much for this place. However, the two ladies working the front desk around midnight when I checked in were EXCEPTIONAL ! Very bright, personable, professional, and seemed genuinely interested in my satisfaction.
My stay was enjoyable. I'll stay there again!
The PROS - service and price.
The CONS - the rooms and grounds are definitely in need of repair and upgrading; and the "continental breakfast" was nothing more than a waffle maker and coffee / juice machine.

Room Tip: Bldg 5 has an outdoor grill right outside the door that's available to anyone. Bldg 5 was also...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and the positive comments you provided. I will share the review with the team and give them a special thanks as they are doing a wonderful job! We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone.

Harold Daniels, GM