“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Chattanooga
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Came on a business trip. Room was clean. Has large outdoor pool. Hotel needs renovation but the new manager is working to improve it. The front desk staff was very friendly. Close to I-20 and a lot of restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Not bad for the price close to shopping and restaurants
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rodeway Inn S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
Thank you for letting us know who we are doing. Your comments are important to us in helping us to determine how to improve our product. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Ron Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Let me just start by saying I wasn't surprised how bad this hotel was being that I was with a wedding party and only spent 30 dollars on the room. That being said, It was definitely an experience. The lighting in the hallways looked like something out of a horror film and made my girlfriend feel uncomfortable walking down them by herself. The room was dingy, outdated and reeked of cigarette smoke. I stepped in the shower and everything I touched had a slimy feel to it. When I walked out of the shower, I reluctantly stepped on the bare carpet strip that had been removed and not replaced. One of the rusty carpet tacks broke skin on my feet and made me bleed. I hadn't had a tetanus shot in 6 years so I was obviously worried. This experience was nothing short of a nightmare. But, if you're too cheap to spend 20 dollars more on a less disgusting hotel, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brandon K
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us . I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations as to the cleanliness of your room. I spoke with our housekeeping and maintenance departments to make sure this does not happen again. I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My first impression of this property was positive. Its lobby has a high vaulted ceiling and it has a spacious and airy floor plan. My impression changed when entering the room. It is grubby, not necessarily in a "housekeeping doesn't work" way but in a ground in "we haven't invested in new bath fixtures since 1972" way. The thread-bare towels are stained as are the sheets. We travel five months out of the year and have a fairly high tolerance for bare-bones budget properties but they should, at a minimum, be clean. We encountered bugs. Another annoyance is the internet. It interrupts the signal at various intervals and asks you to watch a commercial to keep using the wifi. When I pay for a hotel that advertises free wifi I do not like having to watch commercials to use it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for letting us know how we are doing. We are an older property and we have planned to change out the tub and other furnishings in our rooms. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the futurs

Fordyce, AR
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Room was nasty, rusty, and gross. Nothing looked clean. No towels were provided even after they were requested. Being New Year's Eve and us getting in the room at 2 am, I didn't expect them to bring towels and I didn't even ask for them. But at 11 am the next morning, there should have been someone in the hotel to bring the towels so I could at least wash my face before I left. The tub was too dirty to want to get in. The upholstered chairs were dirty and stained. The mattresses were dirty and ragged with springs poking us while we tried to sleep. The building looked acceptable from the outside and you can tell that at one time this was a nice hotel but it has been left to ruin. I travel often for business and pleasure and often stay in Choice Hotel properties and expected to enjoy a decent room. This hotel is due an inspection from Choice hotels. I trusted it to be habitable because it is a choice hotel. Even though I used my points for this stay, I did not get my moneys worth. I hope to never have an experience like this again.

Room Tip: There is a nice Comfort Inn one exit away.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rodeway Inn S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our Rodeway Inn and Suites. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectation. We are an older property and we are in the process of doing renovations in the public areas as well as the rooms. I would like to invite you to stay with us again the next time that you are in this area.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am on the road 40 weeks a year and this is BY FAR the worst place I have ever stayed in. First when I checked in the front desk clerk, was on the phone with 5 complaints. Secondly, when we got to our room we immediately asked for a change. The room had cheese on the walls, there was no tray in the microwave, the towels were supposed to be white but were all filthy, the bathroom was disgusting. I already paid for three days and was going to stay three more, but am going to a different chain.The halls were littlerally filled with transigents waiting for what I do not know. This goes under looks can be deceiving.

Room Tip: go someplace else. PLEASE
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I do apoligize that we failed to meet your expectations. We are an older property and are working on renovating the public and guest room areas. Please stay with us again the next time that you are in this area.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I stayed at this motel for 3 days and came home with bites from bed bugs all over both of my arms and chest. Other than that the stay was decent at best but definitely not worth dealing with bed bugs. I would recommend finding another place to stay other than this establishment.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Rangers1818
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our Rodeway Inn in Bossier City. Your comments are important to us and We have presented your comments to our pest control company. I do apoligize for the inconvience.
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Arrived in Bossier City late in the evening. Looking for a place to sleep and it looked very nice from the outside.. But appearances are deceiving. Most of the residents there are permanent residents. It makes slum housing look nice. Children running up and down the halls. The carpets were dirty and worn out. Only lights in the entire room was the lights in the bathroom, told the front desk and waited for better than two hours for someone to come down and put in lightbulbs. The room telephone didn't work. There was only one lock on the door, and had adjoining rooms. The bed was uncomfortably hard, there was no comforter or blankets only a sheet. The rooms had a strong insecticides smell. The parking lot looks like it a hang out for the street gangs. Was told to go around and come through door 4 and use my pass card to get in. This was not necessary as the lock was broken as well as the doors. No security in what appears to be bad surroundings.
They advertised high-speed Internet in the rooms but, The Wi-Fi signal was so weak that if you were more than 100 feet from the lobby, you lost connection. The staff was very unfriendly, front desk was rude after you had registered. We were going to leave our paid for room and move to another motel. But my wife is handicapped and could not locate anything where there was first floor accommodations. We park our vehicle under the light in the parking lot where we could see it from our room. Can't say anything about the continental breakfast, we were gone before it was serve. We would have slept better and felt safer if we had slept in our vehicle at a truck stop.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dwain H
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our Rodeway Inn and Suites in Bossier City. Your comments are important to us and I have forwarded them to my management partners.
I hope that you would consider staying with us the next time that you are in this area.