“You can do better.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 13 April 2010

The whole hotel reeks, it may be non-smoking now, but the place still stinks of smoke. The carpet in our room was sort of sticky and stained, didn't want to walk in bare feet on it. There was an in-room safe, but we felt more confident locking our valuables in the trunk of the car. The extra security claw latch was busted off, the same in my dad's room. My cousin and his wife had no hot water the morning we were leaving to attend our grandmother's memorial service. The front desk staff was very nice. Free wi-fi available. The gym is one treadmill, one elliptical and one stationary bike. It is right on the main hallway, so everyone walking by can see you working out. I have no problem staying in budget/older hotels if they are clean and safe, but I didn't feel good staying here. There are several other budget hotels in the same area that are better. And make no mistake, there is not a casino at this establishment, you have to drive for any gaming.

You can do better.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..

Reviewed 2 January 2010

Do not believe the pictures, that is for sure, cause the rooms are smelly and even our towels had mildew stains on them. We were charged more than agreed by our confirmation and could not get anyone to explain it or give a refund. It is NOT, "At the Casinos" and in fact is 4 miles from a Casino with no Shuttle Service. In fact, I called Harrah's and while they use to come there and do shuttles, they stopped because of the problems they had with rather undesirable guests. We have stayed at a number of Choice locations and this one is not even in the same arena. Found out we got charged $190+, when they do a weekly rate of $210. That tells you something right there!! No rooms are the same with regards to Amenities, it is the luck of the draw, you will be lucky to get a Coffe Pot and Refrigerator in the same room. There were numerous men loitering about the halls, simply checking out the women. This made my wife very uncomfortable. The place is full of Riff Raff Guests and several had Pit Bulls staying in their rooms and while they use a leash to walk them with, it is none the less uncomfortable to pass by them in the hall. Most people just stepped back into their rooms until the dogs passed on by. I just cannot believe this place is even on the rolls of Choice Hotels. This place makes you wonder who is doing the inspection of these locations prior to acceptance, cause they had to pay someone to pass this place off for a Choice Hotel Chain. The staff is nice, but not knowledgable and appears to work hard, but with a very limited amount of funding. The owner of this place should be ashamed.
The first night we were in a Room next to the bar, with pounding music until 2AM and they refused to move us. Room 102 should be a storage area, not a Guest Room.
Oh and forget wireless internet .. it did was not working.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 December 2009

I have stayed at the property three different times now and have had no problems. Love the hotel, the employees, and the manager Janet. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. Keep up with the good work.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to let us know you had a great stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2009

Rodeway Inn & Suites
3033 Hilton Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111

I’ve stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Bossier City, Louisiana, during the last five months, starting in early July. I couldn’t be more pleased with the service I’ve received from the staff -- management, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance. Anytime I’ve needed something, they’ve taken care of it immediately. I’ve stayed in motels and hotels all over the U.S. and have never been treated better than I’ve been treated by the staff here at the Rodeway Inn.

Fred L. Fish, Jr.
Houston, Texas

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to use our fitness center and free guest laundry. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2009

First room they checked my mother and I into wasn't clean, not just a little dirty, it hadn't been cleaned at all from the previous users. Front desk attendant quickly changed our room which ended up being a little better because it was quieter. It was musty and smoky smelling dispite it being a non-smoking room. I wouldn't spend much more time than one night here. Beds were a little too old the room I had and were a bit uncomfortable for me. My mother has a little higher standard than me (I'm not quite as picky) when it comes to motels and she was completely disgusted and got me up before sunrise so we could leave. I have to agree with her, that next time when I'm passing through I'll either pay more for a room elsewhere, or try the Super 8 across the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Harold Daniels, GM

Reviewed 21 November 2009

i checked into the room and there was a blood stain on the lamp and everything is trashed. i was scared for my safety as there were men leering at me and my friend in the lobby. disgusting. the place smells like mildew too.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank elleohelle

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Maids stole over $2000.00 in jewelry, money, and payroll check. Front desk management did not have time to speak with me to follow up on investigation! Maid still works there! Sounds like they are working together on this process! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO A DOG!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
JeffRogers, President of Management Company at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2009

According to the police report on file with the Bossier City Police Department, the maid did not steal from this guest, a contractor that was doing the painting and renovations entered the room and stole the items mentioned, a cannon camera, $ 200.00 in change, an uncashed payroll check and some medicine. The contractor was arrested and put into the Bossier City Jail the 2nd day that the President of the company, Jeff Rogers got involved. That company performing the work was terminated. The guest was handled approperiately after The President of the company got involved and it was also brought to the attention that the safes that are in the rooms should be utilized by all guest.