“I cant believe how bad this hotel was!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Bastrop, Texas
“I cant believe how bad this hotel was!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room had a very bad odor in it, the bed was broken, the wall had a hole in it, the carpet looked like someone had changed their oil on it, huge stain on the ceiling from a leaky roof, and there was so much hair in the shower drain that the water would not drain out. I asked for another towel and the maid told me that they had not washed towels yet so they probably didnt have any clean ones. As a police officer, i am familiar with the smell of crack cocaine, and this room smelled like someone had been smoking crack in there for days. I would sleep in my truck before I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Harold Daniels, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

We arrived here after a long drive from Mobile Alabama after getting off a cruise. Nice looking outside. There is a redneck bar with a $5 cover charge to the right of the door. Nothing unusual about the lobby. We checked in and it was suggested we park near door number 5 to go up the stairs to get to our room. The stairs are nowhere near this door...in fact we had to walk halfway down the dark and gloomy hallway to get to the stairs and almost the same distance back from those stairs to get to our room. We got a nice big room with a microwave/fridge and king size bed. Apparently freshly painted as the baseboards were all missing. Comfortable bed and nice tv. Desk ok. Not sure why we weren't comfortable...perhaps the broken auxiliary door lock, perhaps the shady people standing around in the hall. Who knows. Like someone else noted, I felt safer leaving my passports and nice amount of cash in the trunk of my car rather than anywhere in the room, even the safe, though I suspected a bunch of drunk rednecks from the bar would probably be loitering around the car at 2 in the morning. We drove to our favorite casino for a while and returned, parking in a well lighted area in front; wasn't about to park near "door number 5". Someone from the front desk called after 10pm asking if I had the plunger...apparently they lent it out to someone and could not find it. Snooping into the breakfast area the next morning to see what they had, I was told I needed to get a ticket from the front desk for my "free breakfast". The ticket said I was entitled to $1.75 off a breakfast item. Not my idea of a "free continental breakfast". "Breakfast" was a muffin, coffee and juice. The guy there was nice enough and finally got a few more muffins later, but I'm trying to lose weight anyway, so I settled for that. No problems upon checkout and the car was undamaged. Whew, lucked out again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wichitadave
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

Lobby area was not bad. I asked to see a room before checking inand was shown one that looked decent. I had no choice but to stay at this hotel as all the other ones were sold out. The room I ended up with for 3 days was not the best. Carpet in poor shape, tables and chairs were dirty. The beds had flat pillows, no blanket, the bedspread on one bed had burn marks on it and looked dirty, you could smell cigarette smoke coming from "non-smoking" rooms, bathroom faucet had caked-on dirt on it, oh and the phone...dirt in the crevices and handle...looked like it had not been cleaned this year. I was told the rate with my discount would be $61 per night, but with taxes it came to $70, which to me was overpriced for a room of this poor quality. I have done a lot of traveling and stayed in a lot of places, and this rates as one of the worst, if not the worst, hotel I have slept in.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Grand Cayman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

The whole hotel reeks, it may be non-smoking now, but the place still stinks of smoke. The carpet in our room was sort of sticky and stained, didn't want to walk in bare feet on it. There was an in-room safe, but we felt more confident locking our valuables in the trunk of the car. The extra security claw latch was busted off, the same in my dad's room. My cousin and his wife had no hot water the morning we were leaving to attend our grandmother's memorial service. The front desk staff was very nice. Free wi-fi available. The gym is one treadmill, one elliptical and one stationary bike. It is right on the main hallway, so everyone walking by can see you working out. I have no problem staying in budget/older hotels if they are clean and safe, but I didn't feel good staying here. There are several other budget hotels in the same area that are better. And make no mistake, there is not a casino at this establishment, you have to drive for any gaming.

You can do better.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Do not believe the pictures, that is for sure, cause the rooms are smelly and even our towels had mildew stains on them. We were charged more than agreed by our confirmation and could not get anyone to explain it or give a refund. It is NOT, "At the Casinos" and in fact is 4 miles from a Casino with no Shuttle Service. In fact, I called Harrah's and while they use to come there and do shuttles, they stopped because of the problems they had with rather undesirable guests. We have stayed at a number of Choice locations and this one is not even in the same arena. Found out we got charged $190+, when they do a weekly rate of $210. That tells you something right there!! No rooms are the same with regards to Amenities, it is the luck of the draw, you will be lucky to get a Coffe Pot and Refrigerator in the same room. There were numerous men loitering about the halls, simply checking out the women. This made my wife very uncomfortable. The place is full of Riff Raff Guests and several had Pit Bulls staying in their rooms and while they use a leash to walk them with, it is none the less uncomfortable to pass by them in the hall. Most people just stepped back into their rooms until the dogs passed on by. I just cannot believe this place is even on the rolls of Choice Hotels. This place makes you wonder who is doing the inspection of these locations prior to acceptance, cause they had to pay someone to pass this place off for a Choice Hotel Chain. The staff is nice, but not knowledgable and appears to work hard, but with a very limited amount of funding. The owner of this place should be ashamed.
The first night we were in a Room next to the bar, with pounding music until 2AM and they refused to move us. Room 102 should be a storage area, not a Guest Room.
Oh and forget wireless internet .. it did was not working.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2009

I have stayed at the property three different times now and have had no problems. Love the hotel, the employees, and the manager Janet. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. Keep up with the good work.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to let us know you had a great stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2009

Rodeway Inn & Suites
3033 Hilton Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111

I’ve stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Bossier City, Louisiana, during the last five months, starting in early July. I couldn’t be more pleased with the service I’ve received from the staff -- management, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance. Anytime I’ve needed something, they’ve taken care of it immediately. I’ve stayed in motels and hotels all over the U.S. and have never been treated better than I’ve been treated by the staff here at the Rodeway Inn.

Fred L. Fish, Jr.
Houston, Texas

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to use our fitness center and free guest laundry. We hope to see you again soon!