“Great Getaway”

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed one night in Bossier. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was delicious! The location was great too, as everything we needed was within 5 minutes. We had a great experience at the Hilton

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thanks for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. We know you had many hotel choices in our area and are happy to hear the positive comments about your room, location and breakfast! We hope you will be able to stay with us again next time you are visiting our area. We appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The front desk personnel were always cheerful and helpful. Breathe of fresh air. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would return during my next travel to this location. Nothing beats southern hospitality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are happy to hear that our front desk staff made a good impression and that you enjoyed our Southern Hospitality! Your recommendation means a great deal and we would be honored to serve you again in the future.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

hotel was clean,breakfast is not included but its available for $10.00 which is very pricey in my opinion.My main problem was the non draining bath tub...well it drains veeeery slowly...I've had a bad experiece at a different hotel in tha past with a non draining tub,I lost a toe nail due to infection from this particular bath tub... so be aware of this situation,you'll never know what kind of germs are in those none draining pipes!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am sorry the tub did not drain as quickly as you expected and hope you were able to report it to our front desk. If you did not report the problem, could you please call 318-759-1950 and let us know your stay information so we can insure the issue is investigated?

We are glad to hear the cleanliness of the hotel met expectations! The price of breakfast is not included in our room rates so guest can enjoy low room rates with an option of dining at our restaurant or at one of 20+ alternatives within a 5-mile radius of the hotel.

We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Traveling as a group for business in Louisiana. The staff mixed up our rooms reservations, so we missed beds for a short night of sleep. They gave us an extra room when we arrived but charged us for it, even if it was their mistake. Very disappointed with the after service with the manager who didn't want to help at all....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing.

We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction and thought the matter was amicable resolved while you were with us. If that is not the case, please contact our offices directly so we can discuss your experience and assist further. Again, thanks for giving us a chance to solve this issue. We appreciate your business and hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The breakfast was awful the staff slow to respond to any issues. Parking is horrible and if you are a honor member don't look for the normal service most Hilton properties give. For a clean place to sleep a good place to stay if that is all you require because that is all you will get

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Treava M
Sandra H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast and that you our parking lot did not meet your expectations. While we strive every day to exceed expectations, clearly we fell short of that goal during your stay.

I will share your negative comment about breakfast with our food and beverage team and your compliment about cleanliness with our housekeeping team. I appreciate you trying our hotel and for taking time to share your experience.
Oakdale, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ok let me begin...

check-in 1 star
Gave my reservation away to someone else. I check in and they ask if I'm sharing a room with another person. Since I wasn't I was totally shocked at the question. Then they ask if I'm with some company I never heard of. Finally admitting they gave my reservation to someone else. Upon getting this fixed I proceed to a room, open the door to find two people in the room. Naturally I was not please. This entire check in process took an hour..

After reporting this to HGI's Facebook site they had the hotel manager reach out to me who offered to comp my night. Since my company pays for my stay that really wasn't a benefit so they comped my dinner. Two days later I check to find the dinner wasn't comped but the first night was, opposite of what we spoke about, oh plus they charged me an extra night. All of this was resolved at check out which took longer then expected.

The hotel itself is very nice, new, up to date, with very comfortable beds and good public facilities. The staff was very friendly and apologetic for the issues. If it wasn't for the mess at check in and the delay checking out this would have been a flawless stay. Not sure what's going on at their front desk but they need to manage it better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, no road noise then.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for trying our hotel and for submitting your review. I am sorry for the confusion, amount of time, and incorrect room assignment at check in. I can imagine that the experience was very frustrating and hope you will accept my apology.

Also, I appreciate you reporting you issues to our hotel manager. It is certainly dissapointing that the comp dinner and room situation had to be sorted out at check-out as well. Our intention was to provide you with a nice dinner and to make the remainder of your stay stress-free.

I was glad to hear that you thought the hotel, bedding and public facitlities were nice and that despite all the snafus, our staff was friendly. We have shared your comments with our team to insure that we better serve future guests. We hope you will return soon so that we can show you that this is not typical of our hotel.
jena, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff was very courteous and the check in and out process went smoothly. the room was excellent. The dining facility was clean and the food was great. The parking area was well lit and felt secure.Will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us! We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience with with the service, room and dining. Also, it was great to hear that you will stay again during your next visit to our area! We appreciate your business and thank you greatly for the positive review.