“If you like bed bugs, this is the place for you!”

Budgetel Shreveport/Bossier
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 29 August 2009

This is the worst stay in any motel in my whole life. I had 42 bed bug bites when I arrived home and have brought the bugs with me. I have had to spend more money getting rid of the bugs than the motel stay cost. I reported this to the main office of Choice Hotels International, and they said I would have to contact the motel. The person with whom I spoke the first time was not even concerned about the problem. He did not even ask which room we were in. Neither did he ask for my name or the dates that we stayed......totally unconcerned. And in fact, after I sent an email about the problem I received a rude letter (snail mail) asking why I would even be upset about the problem!
And what else did the letter contain? "We had the room checked for bed bugs and there were none." Now how could they check the right room since they didn't even inquire about what room it was? I will never stay at any Econo Lodge anywhere again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jdrew39

Reviewed 7 June 2008

The hotel had a good cont. breakfast. The room however was right next to a train track and it was very loud and interupted my sleep. The room was supposed to have refridgerator and microwave but did not and the staff did nothing about that fact. The room was clean but the room latch was broken. All together it was okay, but would have stayed somewhere else if I could have.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 March 2007

Econolodge in Bossier City, Louisiana had a nice motel. However, it is right at a railroad track crossing and the trains went through ALL night long blaring on their horns. We did not get any sleep. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 11 October 2006

Bad area, needs updating--not a nice place.

Stayed: September 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Abbeville, LA
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Room was clean. People were nice. Planes from the base were loud, but quiet at night.
Very easy access to Interstate and close to all casinos....

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 March 2006

My sister and husband had driven in from Chgo. We live in northeast Texas. I could not find a hotel or casino with any openings. We were planning to stay one night, to go to Barksdale and see a few sights, like the beautiful river walk, and casino's. The only opening was the Econo Lodge. I was hesitant, however we were very pleasently surprised.
The motel was easy to get to off of I20. The check in was very professionally done in a very large lobby. Staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was very good and well maintained, with waffles and susage, and alot more. The room was very clean, with hair dryer and coffee pot, tables and chairs. (first thing I check it the bathroom corners, and they were clean)
The pool was well maintained and had a childrens pool and a hot tub.
We liked this motel so well we even stayed another night. I would highly recommend Econo Lodge

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank triprewards
Reviewed 29 August 2005

Stayed one night (8/26) at the Econo Lodge in Bossier City off of I-20. Went with my sister for a quick getaway for some play at the casinos. The motel is just off the highway but a little tricky to get to the entrance (exit to the service road, bear right at a light onto a little two way street and then take an immediate left yielding to oncoming traffic). Check in was fine, very friendly staff and we got a lower level room (no stairs!)

The room was a two queen no smoking and very clean. Looks like it had been remodeled recently. It's a real basic room, beds, two chairs, tv and small dresser, sink w/ vainity, hanging area for clothes and tiny bathroom. In fact the ceiling of the bathroom was at least a foot lower than the rest of the room, a very tall person might be uncomfortable. The tub had a real shower curtain and old shower head. Low water pressure out of the shower and really hot water! The bed was a little on the hard side, but since I was only there for one night I was ok with it.

The lobby was pretty nice for a cheapie hotel, newish furniture and carpeting. The hotel did offer a continental breakfast, with the usual fare of coffee, juice, danishes, muffins, cereal, you make waffles, and sausage patties. We only ate some fruit and muffins, had to get back out to the casinos before we drove back home. The hotel did offer a shuttle to take you to and from either the Horseshoe Casino or Harrah's over at Louisana Downs racetrack.

Over all, this was a nice little cheap hotel, very clean and friendly staff. For one or two nights, you can't go wrong. I got a good deal on the price through a club discount I have as this hotel is part of the Choice hotels.

7  Thank HossLass