“would not be my choice next time”

Crossland Economy Studios - Shreveport - Bossier City
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I had stayed at this facility not even a year ago and at that time we were impressed w/ the customer service and the quality. The customer service was okay, but not willing to take the initiative to accommodate. Once we entered the room, there was a moldy uncomfortable smell. I had to buy air fresheners for the room because my girls often complained of the smell. The hot water handle was stripped out in the bathroom. Someone came to look at it, but that was it. The shower was luke warm and the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. My husband and I both agreed this would not be our selection on our next we visit to Bossier, La.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 July 2010

This small hotel on Texas Avenue is one of the best kept secrets in Bossier City. It caters mostly to the working class who stay there while working in the area. But, the rooms are clean and the price in low. Don't expect amenities like shampoo or ice or drink machines; but for a place to sleep while in the area, it cannot be beat. Bossier City and Shreveport have SO many hotels that are filthy and overpriced that Crossland is such a pleasant surprise. I have stayed there two consecutive years and will continue in the future. If you are going to stay there, please keep it CLEAN!! If you are going to empty your ashtray on the parking lot, go somewhere else! the SHOGUN Japanese restaurant next door is also excellent and an easy walk.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank TCregular
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I stayed a night here and it had the worst "smell", it was very "small" and the worst part of it all...My 1 year old had "dirty feet" and his socks from walking on the floors, it looked like he ran outside for an hour...when i seen that, i had to bathe him and keep his shoes on-my poor love! The kitchenett and bathroom floors were sticky and it looked like they definitely didn't mop.

I would have tried to go to another hotel but this was my last resort, everywhere else was booked and i drove 6 hours away. Im going back to Bossier this weekend and I will definitly not go here, i will reserve for somewhere else.

Oh and not to mention, I seen mostly men staying there for work, so i would recommend this to a guy who is out there to work and want a very good price.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank misschristina09
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My Husband and I have been staying there for 2 weeks now.the first week was pretty good..now then this weekend it was terrible adults and kids running up and down the balconies all night long screaming..then we had cops everywhere which made ppl cream and holler worse..when i called the front desk to ask if there was a curfew they said no.I had ppl above me moving furniture all night long and she said she couldn't do anything about it..I go To work every morning at 6 am and I wasn't able to get to sleep. I myself would not advise someone to stay here if you are a working person. Cause they don't keep their premises under control for nothing..nor do they care about there guset.! needless to say when my week is up I'm out of here

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shellnmark05
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I stayed for 4 nights and the staff were extremely helpful and kind. The room was great, it was nice and cozy with plenty of room. The room was extremely clean. The air conditioner would freez you out at times but that's a good thing in Louisiana. Anything extra i needed could be found at the front desk. No matter if it was night or day they were friendly with a smile on there face and ready to help with anything I needed. The water pressure in the shower was awesome. I mostly like the kitchen with the microwave and the icebox. That really came in handy and I also like the fact there was internet if I needed it. I guess if I had to say anything about what I didn't like it would be what they don't have like a hot tub or a swimming pool. Everything else was great. I am taking another trip soon and will be staying at Crossland.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2008

The hotel was very comfortable and roomy. The bed very comfortable, the area was quiet, they had great movies on showtime. You didn't have to leave the room for anything. Close proximity to nearby casinos and walking distance to grocery store,pharmacy, and fast-food restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Simplytree
Reviewed 25 November 2007

The room is a basic room with a small kitchen area with microwave, oven, stove and sink. Dishes and silverware are provided. There is no tub in the bathroom, only a shower. No toiletries except soap are provided. The first room I was put in had not been cleaned. There were beer cans everywhere; bed was unmade. I was moved to the room next door immediately. This room was okay except for a hair (not from one's head) on the toilet and the light near the bed did not work. I was only there for one night, so I didn't call about it. It is conveniently located near a mall and many restaurants and shops. It is off of I-20. Get careful directions. The directions I got from an online mapping service were incorrect and I went out of my way. Also, please note that the rooms have exterior doors. There are no indoor hallways. The price is very reasonable, almost unheard of for a room like this in a decent location.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo