Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast
Super 8 Breaux Bridge(Breaux Bridge)
US$93
US$63
US$54
US$62
US$55
All reviewshouse is beautifulsouthern hospitalitybreakfast was deliciousstayed longercomfortable bedsbayou techesusanhostplantationcharmcajun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My husband and I found the Isabelle Inn to be exceptional down to the smallest detail. It is beautifully decorated and furnished. Our room was tastefully cozy with bed linens that were some of the softest I have ever come across. Delightful!
The grounds are meticulously maintained and feature large mossy oaks, a small lake, magnolias, jasmine, gardenias and roses roses roses. The pool area, which overlooks a bayou, is lovely and peaceful.
The gourmet breakfast did not disappoint. It was delicious and beautifully served in the elegant dining room, set with china and crystal. We were joined at breakfast by four other guests, two of whom were visiting from the Netherlands. Stanley, the newest member of the Isabelle Inn family, a Yorkie/Schnauzer mix who was lucky enough to be adopted two days earlier, would wander in and out to say hello.
The staff, all family, are the essence of gracious southern hospitality. Wonderful people.
You feel at home at the Isabelle Inn, only better. You get pampered.
We loved it and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs back balcony w/private entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank augusthaas
Reviewed 7 May 2011

This place is amazing the moment you it comes into view as you pull up the driveway. I felt as if I had traveled back 100 years. he grounds were jus lovely and peaceful. The 175 year old live oak is just breathtaking. I just loved the ambianceof the well mantained grounds, garden, pool and multiple rocking chairs. Each room has its own character and insteadof a room number they each have a persons name. The bedding was just amazing. I had to literally climb int the bed and was embraced by wha felt like 1000 thread count egyptian sheets ndlots of pillows. I was welcomed a the end of the day with fresh, warm baked cookies and upon request I had a luxurious breakfast that believes dessert should be first so that there is no excuse!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Isabelle Inn for 2 nights during the Festival International in Lafayette. We both agreed that this was one of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed in! We loved the large, airy porch with a perfect view over the beautiful gardens and old oak tree, and out towards the beautiful pool. The room was very comfortable, the house is beautiful, and the hosts were very gracious. Breakfast was excellent, and the afternoon snacks were a nice touch as well.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

This was our second year to stay at the Isabelle Inn Bed and Breakfast. We hope to stay there again next year for Cycle Zydeco. The owner is wonderful. When we arrived, she had wine, cheese, fruit, crackers, mixed nuts, and homemade cake for us. The room was beautiful and roomy. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones in which we had ever stayed (my husband and I travel for work). Breakfast is homemade. The inn is very quiet. There is a list of things to do in the area and menus for the restaurants in the area. The weather was beautiful, so we sat on the back porch with our refreshments to enjoy the wonderful spring air.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Isabelle Inn is an example of innkeepers really going out of their way to provide for every need and comfort of their guests. The rooms are furnished with exquisite linens and towels, there are refreshments available, I could go on and on. Breakfast is very fancy and tasty, but not as filling as some I've eaten.

This is an inn, not a B&B, although one innkeeper lives on premises. This is not the kind of place where your host sits down with you for a chat, they stay in their private quarters and you really do not interact with them besides check in and breakfast. It is also a place which is very formal and makes you feel like you should be whispering and behaving yourself. I mention these things because it is important to know when selecting a place to stay. If you enjoy luxurious appointments, though, you will not find better in this area of Louisiana.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple