“Great B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Breaux Bridge
Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast
Spring
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The whole house was lovely and the room spacious and well-appointed. My only caution was that the bed was very high which might be awkward for some.

We were greeted by the gracious owner. We were the only guests that evening and property was very quiet, eventhough it is not far from busy roads. Wine, cake, soft drinks and coffee provided in community area near bedrooms.

Breakfast was very tasty and beautifully presented in an elegant dining room.
We can highly recommend Isabelle Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2011

A weekend escape turned into a love affair! We knew we needed to visit the relatives, but why not throw in a bed and breakfast stay as part of the incentive? Isabelle Inn turned out to be our beautiful, peaceful getaway that we hadn't even realized we needed until we were in the middle of enjoying the most complete hospitality ever!
From the moment we were welcomed everything felt just right. our room, The Philip, was spacious and uncluttered, with venerable sturdy furniture that included a rice bed (think four poster, plantation owner) with delicious cotton linens and fluffy down comforter and pillows. Usually I am allergic to feathers but the covers must have had such a high thread count that nomdandermcoud escape and bother me! I was fine...no sniffles at all. And comfy mattress, like sleeping in the palm of a deity, guarded and soothed against any wicked backaches.
Breakfast featured sweets first! Strawberries romaoff or a banana concoction with granola toping. Crawfish pie one day, a sort of eggs Benedict the next. Fresh coffee, juice, and milk. Mmm....
Upstairs is a little day room with Keurig machine and coffee, wine or coolers , and maybe some cake! We picked up our selections and went out to the upstairs balcony to swing on the bench or rock in the wooden chairs. time stood still on thatmupstairs balcony, I know it did!
What is not to love about an inn that anticipates...providing wine, cheese and crackers in the afternoon whe you've been unable to find a place thatsrves lunch at 2 p.m.? After spending half a day at the gulf coast, this surprise was incredible!
Okay, andthenthereis the saltwater pool out back, warm and inviting, secluded but sunny. Ah! So relaxing, so comforting to float and watch the Southern skies go by!

My only regret is that they don't have a dinner restaurant. If they did, I admit, I would never leave!

Room Tip: Ask about bathroom/bedding combos. Choose what is Important to you.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband took me to stay at the Isabelle Inn for my 25th birthday. It was the BEST experience I could have asked for. The house was amazing, our room was beautifully decorated, the grounds were breathtaking and the breakfast was to die for! The bed was SO comfortable and the pillows were the fluffiest I've ever slept on. There was so much attention to detail that blew me away, I even had mini roses on my night stand. After carefully searching all the local bed and breakfast's we decided to try this one out and it was everything I expected and more. By far the best in the Acadiana area! The owners were so accommodating to everything we asked for or could need. I loved the private balcony we had from the Karen room that overlooked the beautiful oak tree and there were rocking chairs and a swing too. I wished we had more time to stay and enjoy the pool area in the back of the grounds. I would recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone to visit!!! It was the best experience I could have imagined and made my 25th birthday one I will never forget. We were completely satisfied with the quality and will DEFINATELY be back!!!

Room Tip: Karen room has a private balcony with a swing
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We have stayed at the Isabelle Inn three times in the last four years. Coming from Wisconsin, we sometimes go far out of our way to visit Breaux Bridge because we love the Inn so much. The owners are wonderfully caring hosts, the house is gorgeous, and the rooms are the most comfortable and charming of any we have found in our decades of travel. The total "package" of a stay at the Isabelle Inn is what is so attractive to us: the beautiful rooms, the attention to detail in the spectacular breakfasts, the inviting grounds, and the amazingly friendly atmosphere bring us back again and again. We originally found the Inn through an online search and are thrilled that we made such a lucky find.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Generally, I'm not a fan of bed and breakfast type places, but the Isabelle Inn is one I would return to and easily recommend. The rooms are clean, spacious and really private. You don't hear the other guests. The bedding was perfect. Nice linens, pillows and a bed that wasn't too soft or too hard (I'm like Princess & the Pea). They also give you lots of privacy, so you don't feel like you're staying at someone's grandmother's house. Pool out back is good for the sticky warm days. The breakfast was delicious. Beautiful china and elegant glassware, but the food was hearty and nicely prepared. Crawfish pie!

As for the inn itself, it's has the history and antiques, but won't be an assault on one with a modern aesthetic.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2011

What a wonderful B&B! We have stayed in many B&B's and must rank this one as one of best ever. We stayed three nights. The property is beautiful, both house and grounds. We were delighted to see the 'private' bayou with alligator. Our room was a little small but being able to walk out onto the veranda from our room was a plus; especially for early morning coffee . I loved towels and linens. My husband's favorite spot after a day of sightseeing was the pool. We were treated to an outstanding breakfast each morning in a grand dining room. Susan and Karen were wonderful. One needs to stay more than one night to fully relax and enjoy the grounds. Only one little hitch on arriving was that there was no one there to greet us. We were bold, walked in, found our room and made ourselves at home.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 May 2011

What a gem in Breaux Bridge, wine&cheese, sweets, amazing breakfast, most comfortable beds ive slept on and the familiy were all just so friendly...if in Breaux Bridge this is THE place to stay..!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Bois Des Chenes Bed and Breakfast
Maison des Amis
Maison des Amis
#7 of 7 in Breaux Bridge

Been to Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!