“Great potential” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cajun Country Swamp Tours

Cajun Country Swamp Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Trip advisor Hall of Fame member does eco-swamptours through picturesque cypress/tupelo swamp. See a variety of swamp wildlife such as alligators,egrets,herons,turtles,etc. Owner is native cajun with college degrees in Zoology and Botany.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was looking forward to this tour based on the reviews. It fell a little short, partly on my account and partly because our tour was not lead by Shawn or his father, I think. We took the 11am tour. That was my mistake. It was already hot, and there were not too many alligators to be seen. Next time we will take an earlier tour. We did see many different birds, and although my husband and I loved the tour, my 2 boys (ages 8 and 10) were bored after the first 30 minutes. We were disappointed in our guide (who was smoking while checking us in for this "eco tour") who seemed stiff and disconnected. Overall, we would do it again in a heartbeat but earlier and maybe with a request for a different guide.

1 Thank LesMcQ

Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“For starters our guide Joe was practically inaudible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

For starters our guide Joe was practically inaudible. He had such a soft, non-engaging voice I chose to sit in the back of the boat so I'd have a fighting chance of hearing him. Didn't make a difference though as he had very little interesting things to say about the swamp, and yawned constantly the whole time! Half his trip commentary was on the poor condition of the motor of the boat. I caught several annoyed looks between the the passengers. Scenery was nice but I'm sure there's a more interesting and interested guide to be had.

3 Thank siriuset
Ajax
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful swamp interesting tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Our guide went above and beyond to show us all the sites and his passion for the lake and species within made the trip extra special. We saw lots of gators and birds.

1 Thank tripfirsttime444
Whittier, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Major Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

When we got to the meeting place I was not too sure how this tour would go. I have been on swamp tours in Louisiana, Florida, Costa Rica and Columbia. This tour went extremely well. This tour by far was the best of all these other tours by far. It’s is not even close. Butch gave a excellent explanation of what we saw from alligators, birds trees or whatever. I could have been in a college biology class. Of course the swamp itself has to claim some credit. It was absolutely beautiful. Every minute was another view of trees, birds, animals and whatever else makes a swamp. And the price for the two hour tour was very reasonable. The only problem we had was we could hear Butch about 90% of the time. We were at the front of the boat and people between us and Butch would get excited and talk. That is understandable because my wife and I were probably doing the same thing. But the front of the boat I believe is the best location for picture taking. I would recommend this tour very, very highly. It was a major highlight of our stay in the Lafayette area.

1 Thank Paul M
Memphis, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Birds, Snakes, Turtles, and... Gators!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was everything we hoped for in a swamp tour. Very informative, we learned about the history of the swamp, the ecosystem, all the wildlife, and of course saw lots of gators.

We were really impressed by the birds and had a great time hearing about all the different types in the swamp.

Visited March 2014