“Homemade Burgers, like when you were a kid!”

Angelle's Ice Cream Shoppe & Grille
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place has the road side, Mom and Pop feel. But its located in the middle of the coolest little city. The owners are nice and laid back. Nothing formal here, come as you are, stay as long as you like. A popular spot for tourist and locals alike. Food: Best darn Burgers!!! Poboys great, Salads and wash it all down with a ice cold bottled Coke or a cold beer! Walk around this nice little town and soon you will want some Ice cream....They have you covered there too.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Not a Bad Burger Meal!! A bit expensive for the $10 +meal deal, but they make up for it on quality, so come hungry, shrimp basket was also a good choice and enjoyed. Laid back wait staff and very good. Just a good stop when in town. Oh yea they serve Blue Bell!! It's all good.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

$14.00 for a small standard cheeseburger?? And it was only average. We were very surprised by all of the excellent reviews.

Not sure what is up with the Breaux Bridge restaurant prices in general.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Our family of four came here after the restaurant we were planning to eat at was closed. We ordered the cheeseburger, fries and cheese sticks. My husband and son like spicy food but my 10 year old and I do not. The waitress/cook told us that the meat is prepared with chopped jalapeños and they do not serve it any other way. We ordered it anyways and her and I couldn't eat it. My husband and son loved it. The home style fries were soggy but the cheese sticks were good. The marina was served cold. They serve Bluebell ice cream but only had a few flavors to choose from most were empty. The place is cute from the outside but needs to be decluttered and cleaned on the inside. It's ok that it's older....just take the time to declutter and clean. We will not be back.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

After deciding to bypass Baton Rouge for lunch on a drive to Houston, we pulled off in beautiful, quaint, and culture-rich Breaux Bridge, LA. We walked around Main Street area and finally settled on Angelle's. My DH got a crab burger and said it was the best he's ever had. I had a cheeseburger. While I wouldn't say it was the best I've ever had, you could tell it was a homemade (not Sysco) burger full of spices and tasty seasonings. The fries were fresh cut and fantastic. The service was excellent - friendly and fast - despite a packed house. The prices were affordable, too. Breaux Bridge is a precious city. We'd go there again in a heartbeat and would make Angelle's a part of the experience!