“A Place to Eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Buck and Johnny's

Buck and Johnny's
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Breaux Bridge’s new Eclectic & Italian restaurant, Buck and Johnny’s , located at the corner of Bridge and Berard Streets in the historic district of downtown Breaux Bridge, it has quickly established itself as a first-class dining facility. The new restaurant features week end breakfast, entrees, pizzas, pastas, salads, sandwiches and daily specials prepared and presented in a casual, country italian style with a cajun flair carried through to the recently remodeled and restored Domingues Motors building. The Glassroom attached to Buck & Johnny's is an ideal location for catering events such as Weddings, private parties and meetings.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“A Place to Eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've never eaten in an old car garage/dealership before...so that's the atmosphere. Different and okay.
Service was okay as well.
Had a quesadilla - not okay. Dried out chicken, mostly cheese, and pretty much tasteless.
But...there ain't too many other choices in Breaux Bridge.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank amigom1

Conway, AR
“Fantastic food, great service, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were staying one night in Breaux Bridge and decided to stop here. It was easy parking and a fun restaurant. There was plenty of seating.
I had the pizza ( I can't remember the name) but it had jalepenos, onions, crawfish, shrimp, etc. It was fantastic.
The kids had the pepperoni pizza and gobbled it up and the spaghetti and meatballs, which was also very good and the kids ate it up.

My husband had some zydeco gumbo and it came with a cup of rice and a cup of some sort of potato salad. All of it was wonderful.

Our waitress was so good, and we asked her for some places to sightsee around, and she was very pleasant and helpful. The owner ( maybe manager) came to check on us and was fun to talk to as well. Overall fantastic food, but also wonderful service. Go eat here!!!

Our total was $36 plus a tip and we had 2 full adult entrée meals and 2 kids meals ( which was large enough for 3 kids to share, and a take home box full of spaghetti left).

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Sis and I had lunch at Buck and Johnny's twice during our 6 day stay in Breaux Bridge. The crab cakes were delicious and covered in a sauce that was light and creamy. The vegetables were steamed and seasoned with something I just can't put my finger on, but so good! The roasted potatoes were excellent and seasoned just right. I must say though, their French Onion Soup is the best I've ever tasted! I'm not a big eater, but I could have put two bowls of that away. Not sure they have that every day, but do ask for it, you won't be sorry. This is a very good restaurant and where you'll see a lot of local business men and women having lunch.

Visited June 2014
Lafayette
“Best pizza in Lafayette area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm from Chicago and have been very disappointed when I moved to Louisiana about the pizza. I tried Buck and Johnny's and this is the most "normal" tasting pizza in the region! Best pizza around! Very good! They also have live music on Saturday nights! Very family friendly and fun!

Montgomery, Texas
“Bad Service & Badly Run”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Rude service and badly run!!!

Came in Friday 13 June at 9:40 as a party of six and was promptly seated but no server came over after we were seated. We waited for about 20 minutes and left after being completely ignored while some staff walked past us several times and while four or five of the staff were out back smoking and taking a break. I knew this place was trouble when i saw five employees out back taking a break. Not once did anyone come over to our table.

I spoke with the manager on duty, a blonde gal, she did not offer her name, and instead of being apologetic she just walked away as we left.

This places markets to form former military and had a ranger tab on the door. But, as a tabbed Ranger, my thoughts were this place is lacking leadership and organization.

If the front side of the restaurant is badly run, you can guarantee the kitchen is badly run also, so we left and will not return.

I am sure a managing partner will pip up and say that we did not wait long enough or it was late, but that will just be excuses. If you seat a customer, treat us like customers.

2 Thank JGMONT
Coatneyr, Manager at Buck and Johnny's, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
My name is Coatney Raymond, managing partner. I would like to first apologize for not meeting your expectations. There is absolutely no excuse for you experienced. Our expectation of our staff is that once a customer is seated a server should greet our guest with in TWO Minutes. There is no excused for one of our guest to be ignore regardless of what time our guest enters.
I would like to have an opportunity to show you what we are really about.

We are very proud of our military association and we do normally provide the leadership and organization associated with the military. Processes will be implemented to assure this does not happen again.