“Excellent”

The Boudin Shop & Country Store
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Faboulous food and excellent service without white gloves!!!!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We're staying right down the street for a couple of weeks in our motorhome and some neighbors told about this "hole in the wall" place that had good food. We went in for some sit down lunch...ordered Seafood Gumbo and a Catfish plate. Everything was right off the stove, including the too-hot-to-eat fries. The gumbo was great...the catfish was nice and thin and not breaded too much, the red beans and rice was tasty but the sausage tasted more like a hotdog than an authentic cajun sausage. The waitress was very helpful and friendly.

We went back for some takeout lunch the other day and had a large shrimp PoBoy. Wow ! Another great choice. We'll be back again before we leave to try out other foods.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I've eaten at COTB several times, it's always well seasoned and freshly cooked. The place is really a nook with a few tables, some folks dropping by for take-out (Cajun music playing ont the hifi). I find it to be a great quick stop to for fried food, burgers and Cajun food. Reasonable too.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

No doubt, food is good. The problem is the chaos inside the establishment. After driving from FL we had called in an order from the road which is suggested on their Facebook page. Order was not ready upon arrival and then charged for small vials of cocktail sauce and tarter sauce by rude kitchen worker. After I left and got down the road, became aware that one item of beans and rice was not in bag but I paid for. At this point, did not feel like turning around. Buyer beware of the gentleman running the cash register too. Quick to over charge on items (cokes) Also, a little pricey for what you get.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Boudin Shop & Country Store is an old fashion joint between Lake Charles and Baton Rouge that is a must stop on our way in/out of Lake Charles, by flying into Baton Rouge. This joint is always busy with locals stopping in to grab lunch or dinner. Why? Because the food is great! This is one of the places my family and I look forward to when we come home and the fried shrimp and crawfish...some of the best I've had. You can pretty much find it all here including a cold beer to wash your boiled crawfish down or a boudin link. While I'm waiting on my order I really enjoy the Zydeco music playing and can't help but move my feet. Ain't nothing fancy about this place, so you don't need to be either. Just come as you are and enjoy!

1  Thank blkwomannucleus