“Fantastic place!”
Review of Bayou Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Breaux Bridge
Bayou Cabins
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Thank goodness I saw the sign & stopped in! Quaint cabin (we stayed in #6) with Elvis decorations featured amongst some really cool antiques. The bed was comfy, the water was hot & plentiful, and sitting on the deck overlooking the bayou was incredibly relaxing. Lisa & Rocky were lovely to talk to and Lisa was so very helpful - made a great recommendation for dinner, as well as treating us like friends rather than customers. I plan to get back as soon as possible, and stay longer next time!

Room Tip: I looked at 3-4 different cabins & chose one that suited my needs well. All the cabins I looked...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kat L

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We've stayed at these cabins on three different occasions and all were simply wonderful! The owners, Rocky and Lisa treat you like family or old friends. If you're looking for a unique, authentic Louisiana experience, this is it. The cabins each have their own special décor, they're not fancy, but all were clean, cozy and in good working order. The breakfast that was included with our stay was outstanding to say the least. Not the typical cold pastry you may get at a hotel, this was a full hot breakfast served in the cutest little café on the premises. Already got our next visit booked in a few weeks....can't wait!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had an opportunity to host one of our motorcycle rallies this October at Bayou Cabins. What can I say? The history in each cabin speaks to the culture of Louisiana. That combined with the southern hospitality of the owners, Lisa and Rocky should be enough to convince anyone to stay and come back for more. Add that to the fact you are right in the middle of historic Breaux Bridge, minutes away from swamp tours, Vermillionville, excellent restaurants and festivals year round. Will definitely be back next year for another rally and in the meantime the occassional weekend to explore what we didn't have time to this last rally.
Thank you, Lisa and Rocky!!

Room Tip: Any cabin is a winner!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I rented out all of the cabins for my wedding, hosting guests from all over the US. Now, I will mention that you can't just stop by and get a room, and their responsiveness is that of a proprietor whose primary business is not running the B&B. But they were soo accommodating and friendly. They allowed us the visit a week before the wedding. They allowed us to spray for mosquitos the day before the wedding. They allowed us to setup tents and gazebos, to host 3 bands and to use their business refrigerator, all with a smile. Lisa took me aside and calmed me when things got crazy. Rocky picked up firewood for us. They had personalized notes on the doors for the guests to ensure them they were in the right place. When one of our guests no-showed, they found a replacement tenant to occupy the cabin and save us some expense. And I'm not even mentioning the grounds. The lights at night are beautiful. The river behind the cabins is beautiful. The cabins were each unique and apart from the hot water not working in our shower (it worked for the bath), everything, although rustic looking, was functional. I am so grateful to have found these folks who, for the price of a two day rental, really opened their hearts and showed us what good and caring people they are. I will forever be grateful.

Room Tip: Cabin 14 was mud plastered, and looked more unfinished than neat. And, unless they fixed it, shower...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ehren7
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife, young daughter, and I stayed here for a wedding, along with several family members and friends who stayed in the other cabins. Each cabin is unique and the amenities and decor range quite a bit, but each one I visited was very nice and provided a true Louisiana feel. The location was good - right next to a market with boiled crawfish, shrimp, and crab and a gas station that sold water, beer, and snacks. Maybe the best part of this experience was the hospitality of the owners, who went to great lengths to ensure all of the guests enjoyed their stay. If we're ever deep in Louisiana again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was the first real stop on a 26 day road trip from South Carolina to California and back. I was drawn to the descriptions of these cabins as well as the cultural experience of the Cajun breakfast.

We drove through a heavy downpour of rain before arriving and the bayou had encroached on the cabins. Our cabin on the hill was on the highest point, so was in no danger, but it was interesting to see the other cabin's hindquarters standing in the bayou.

The property is quite charming. Our kids commented that it reminded them of something from Disney World (the standard by which all things are measured in our family) except that this was "real". They had colored lights strung about and Cajun music playing to add to the charm. We also enjoyed the 300lb. crawfish.

The owners directed to a local restaurant for dinner, which was the true highlight of our stay. We got to experience some Cajun food, which was good; however, what I truly loved was when my teenage daughters decided to try their hand at the Cajun two-step when the live band started playing. They were self-conscious, but eager and started dancing with each other trying to mimic those more experienced around them. Within a few minutes a couple of older gentlemen saw their delimma and came to their rescue. They began dancing with my girls and showing them what to do. It was a priceless memory that my girls (nor I) will I ever forget.

That night, the rain came back again in spades. At first we rather enjoyed the sound of the rain on the tin roof. However, as the lightening and thunder increased and the rain picked up my wife began to wonder about the bayou rising and wondered about the people in the other cabins. Since she couldn't sleep through the storm she went out on the screen porch to watch the storm. I slept through the storm until a leak developed directly above my head! I wasn't willing to go down with the ship, so I abandoned my bed and joined my 10 year old son on the futon in the adjoining room.

The kids called it "adventure sleeping" and we all had a good attitude about it. It's probably a good thing it happened early in the trip while we were all still fresh and full of a sense of adventure.

As to the cabin itself, while we really enjoyed it, I think the important thing to keep in mind is having the right expectation. A 5-star resort this is not. It is rustic. It was clean, but like any old building it had it's own particular set of quirks, smells (not necessarily bad, just smelled like an antique store, to me), and squeaks. If you know what you are getting into and are looking for that, then you'll really enjoy it.

This was my 14 year old daughter's favorite stop on the trip (including Disneyland, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, the Alamo and others).

Room Tip: We chose the Cabin on the Hill because we have a family of 5. It accommodated us very well.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank raccoontrails
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The cabins are in fact very nice with wonderful antiques. The grounds are pretty and there are some unique things to look at as you relax on your own deck. However, the cabins are very close together and the setting is not as rural as the web site indicates. The river is close by but can only be seen by a few cabins. Also, the highway is just 100 yards away and you can hear traffic. The French doughnuts are good. But, the host & hostess are wonderful people and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Read reviews!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breaux Bridge
Mouton Plantation Bed & Breakfast
1 mi away
Maison des Amis
Maison des Amis
#7 of 7 in Breaux Bridge
Holiday Inn Express Breaux Bridge (Lafayette Area)
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Breaux Bridge
Americas Best Value Inn - Breaux Bridge

Been to Bayou Cabins? Share your experiences!