“Real local flavor, nice folks”

Poche Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Covington, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real local flavor, nice folks”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The first thing that hits you as you walk in the door is the aroma of a real smokehouse. Meats smoking, food cooking, makes it immediately feel like I'm walking into a familiar spot with people I grew up with. A nice feeling for a tourist.
The selection of meats in the cooler was awesome, I had to get some andouille, it looks too dang good. The lunch selection is cafeteria style, main course and 2 sides. Food was very good, a bit salty for my taste, but it doesn't feel like a tourist trap. When you see locals there, you should consider trying it. I am going back before I head back home to pick up some more sausage to bring home. Good stuff.

• Visited May 2014

Bullard, Texas
“Lives up to all the good reviews”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had dinner last night and it was great. The crawfish etouffee was delicious and the fried catfish was the best we have ever tasted. The place is a little out of the way but is well worth finding.

Virginia Beach, VA USA
“Satisfied”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I would have never stopped here had it not been recommended by a local. Wow! What a find! This place has some great food. It's fast, efficient, and affordable. The portions were generous. We left satisfied.

Orange, Texas
“Best place”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My family and I have came here ever since I was little for the boudin and now I take my little one there. We live in Texas but when I get enough days off we make the 2 hour trip just for this place! The boudin is out of this world and the best in town in my opinion and I have tried all the places around there and there lunches are so delicious as well. They always seem to have young girls working there who aren't always nice but hey I'm not there for them I will always come here for the food!!

Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

On trip back from NO we stopped and had 2 plate lunches. Mine was étouffée and wife's was fried wings. Both plates were excellent, when leaving do not forget to get one of the huge pecan pralines.

Visited March 2014