“Crawfish Etouffee”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Crawfish Etouffee”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Poche Market is close to Cajun Country Cottages where my sis and I stayed for 6 days. They serve a cafeteria style lunch but it's also a store and smoke house. We were there the day Crawfish Etouffee was being offered. Now I've had it in the best of restaurants in New Orleans but I must say, I never had the flavor that I tasted in the crawfish etouffee at Poche! They gave me three times the amount I could eat but I did take the rest back to our cottage and finished later. It was amazing! I bought their BBQ rub and Seasoning, haven't tried them yet but sure to be the same quality as their food. The menu is changed daily, so call ahead to find out what the special of the day is. I'm going to order some meat from them on line, we're having a neighborhood shrimp boil and I think some crawfish bodin will taste yummy in the boil! The store is stocked with just about anything you need, even ready made meals. Also try the "sweet potato bread pudding"! Really good!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carol B

Venus
“Got to stop here.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can only echo the opinions of the other reviews that provided high marks for this place. We packed an ice chest with local meats so we could bring a taste of Louisiana home with us.
There is also an RV park next door, I didn't stay in the park but it looked nice.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Russell H
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Place to Stop !!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've eaten at Poche's Restaurant a few times, and it is ALWAYS delicious. We are never disappointed. The portions are more than enough, always fresh. The staff are always nice and courteous. We'll definitely be back again and again.

• Visited May 2014
“Picked up steaks to grill--wow!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This little market has excellent meat. We stayed at a B&B nearby and picked up marinated steaks, cole slaw, and fruit salad to go. The food was excellent! We did not try the restaurant, but will be happy to do so the next time we are in the area.

Visited May 2014
“Worth the extra mile!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This place is worth the little extra drive off the interstate. It's just short of two miles off the exit, but you will not be disappointed. This place is a conglomerate of south Louisiana culture and lifestyle. If you enter from the front right entrance you are dropped right into a small community grocery store selling all the local favs and daily necessities. Just to your left is the "meat" of this whole establishment. It's a cooler and ice box filled with all your favorite Cajun and south Louisiana delicacies. Your eyes and stomach will instantly be thrown into a state of bewilderment with the choices laid out before you. Don't fret, if your not prepared with a cooler to load your car full, they can ship it! The 3rd and final part of this Cajun trinity is the restaurant. It's good southern simple in its appearance and function. Long wooden tables lined with chairs on each side. The menu lists the specials for the day and that's when the experience begins. I thoroughly enjoyed the crawfish étouffée over a bed of white rice. The potato salad is whipped into a mashed potato like appearance but is equally as satisfying. The experience is only heightened when you hear the locals talk to one another in their strong south Louisiana accents. It's a true Louisiana treasure and a must stop for anyone you want to experience a little of what the Cajun culture is like.

Visited May 2014