“Authentic Cajun food”

Poche Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Authentic Cajun food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We made a detour on a recent trip to Houston just to go here. We found it last year and had to make another visit. If there's anything you need or want relating to good Louisiana food, you can find it here. The Sweet Dough pies are unique, but delicious - a spicy, almost cake- like dough filled with your choice - coconut, blueberry, Bavarian Cream, and more. Be sure to get a lunch plate with their dirty rice - outstanding.

• Visited June 2014

Covina, California
“Southern Fish Fry”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Crunch in every bite! Catfish was fresh and tasty! We ate here twice and while waiting for our take out we met a local young lady she was so sweet and helpful and gave us some good local tips.

Visited July 2014
“Great market for true Louisiana meats”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

A huge variety of fresh meats: alligator sausage crawfish, Cajun pork, Tasso ham and many more cajun meats. An array of Cajun sauces,spices and rubs. Homemade doughnut pies and pralines. This place needs to be spotlighted on Food Network and Travel Channel.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Blahblahteacher
Brenham, Texas
“How has Poche's not been on Triple D?”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Well worth the drive off the hiway! Traveling from Tx to NC, we were hungry and looking for a hole in the wall, non chain place to dine and stumbled upon Poche! Thankful that we did! Huge portions and at a great price. Always a recipe for success! Love the food and just ate our and listened to the local folk talk. Now that I know about this place, I will be back!

• Visited July 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Crawfish Etouffee”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Poche Market is close to Cajun Country Cottages where my sis and I stayed for 6 days. They serve a cafeteria style lunch but it's also a store and smoke house. We were there the day Crawfish Etouffee was being offered. Now I've had it in the best of restaurants in New Orleans but I must say, I never had the flavor that I tasted in the crawfish etouffee at Poche! They gave me three times the amount I could eat but I did take the rest back to our cottage and finished later. It was amazing! I bought their BBQ rub and Seasoning, haven't tried them yet but sure to be the same quality as their food. The menu is changed daily, so call ahead to find out what the special of the day is. I'm going to order some meat from them on line, we're having a neighborhood shrimp boil and I think some crawfish bodin will taste yummy in the boil! The store is stocked with just about anything you need, even ready made meals. Also try the "sweet potato bread pudding"! Really good!

• Visited June 2014