“Glenda's Creole Kitchen lets the Good Times Roll...”

Creole Glenda's Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
“Glenda's Creole Kitchen lets the Good Times Roll...”
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

New Orleans has been popularized as Louisiana's cultural base but I beg to differ as it relates to Creole & Cajun Cooking. As unique as NOLA is with Jazz, the French Quarter & Mardi Gras , I believe the true Louisiana cultural base is in Southwest Louisiana with cities like Lafayette , Opelousas , Scott, Crowley, Cane River & of course Breaux Bridge, the Crawfish Capital of the World, where the best Creole restaurant in Louisiana is a little kitchen named Glenda's Creole Kitchen off Main Hwy Breaux Bridge. The Crawfish Ettouffee , famous stuffed Turkey Legs, pies & cakes, Okra Gumbo and sides were heavenly pleasure to my mouth. I met Glenda before where she served me through the drive thru & she was so pleasant and nice along with her daughter who I recently got served as I dined to weeks ago on a visit. What a Great family & staff at Glenda's Creole Kitchen . I would recommend if you cross the Louisiana state line, make a point to stop at Glenda's Creole Kitchen in Breaux Bridge Louisiana where they truly let the good times roll ! J. Malik Ismail Atlanta Ga

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank JMAISMAIL

Cranbury, New Jersey
“Great country cooking”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

shrimp stew was excellent. you can take out or eat in (limited seating). there is also a drive through window. hours are limited so make sure you check. the place is very small and very country. the food is great. you can check the menu on line as it changes daily. not a place to miss if you are in the area. i would definitely return!

• Visited March 2013
“Sweetest people great food!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

I saw Glenda's when it was on the travel channel, do of course we had to go!! We came in our motorhome on vacation, Easter weekend, well they took it off :( so we waited until the following Wednesday & we were not disappointed! Yummy Turkey wings, fried chicken, butter beans, yum yum! It's a must go! Go see these sweet ladies!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Islandhotmom
St. Charles
“Stuffed fried chicken? Yes please!”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stuffed is actually a lightly breaded and perfectly spiced fried chicken done just right. It comes with a side, I chose red beans and rice and two bonus tastes of two other sides. We can't wait to return to the area and this will be on our list for sure.
Hours can be a little varied and the inside area closes an hour before the posted time, although they let us sit there with our lunch. You can still order from the drive through.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Wekick
Toronto, Canada
“A "Must" for anyone who visits Breaux Bridge”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I can not tell you how enjoyable a visit I had at Glenda's. The food was superior, especially the stuffed Turkey wings. I had the honor and privilege of meeting Glenda and her daughters and for that I am very thankful. God Bless Glenda and her family and I hope to meet you again.!

Visited February 2013