“Get their King Cake when it's available!”
Review of Meche's Donut King - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Meche's Donut King
virginia
“Get their King Cake when it's available!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We got up early to purchase fresh donuts and a strawberry cream cheese King Cake recently. Oh sooo good.

Houston, Texas
“Delicious donuts!”
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

I like meches, but you do have to get their early to get a decent selection. I adore the bavarian cream filled and my son likes chocolate covered and donut holes. The beignets in my opinion are not authentic new Orleans taste, but they are decent.

The coffee is community, I believe. It's good and local, but not for lovers of strong coffee. Also if you get there later than 10 am chances are it will be cold. They serve it from those carafe pots sitting out on counter.

I know people get there at 430 or 5 am when they open so that may be the best choice if you want a fresh selection!

Also, if it'a mardi GRAS season, they make a great king cake!

• Visited March 2013
Winnipeg
“Tasty but only a few selections”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Our doughnuts were delicious, but at 10 am there were only about three kinds left to choose from. The coffee was not very good either. Maybe we caught them on an off day.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Omg. Great donuts.”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Best I've had. Treat yourself. I like jelly or cream filled but it's all delicious. Small table area inside to eat or get a dozen to go. Yummy!