Holiday Inn Express Breaux Bridge (Lafayette Area)
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Breaux Bridge
Reviewed 21 August 2009

The hotel was a welcome surprise after the less-than-acceptable rooms in the Lafayette city area. The hotel staff were gracious hosts and the landscaping was beautiful. The rooms were modern and clean. The location of the hotel was right off the interstate, and not too far from the Lafayette city line.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank savvyone2

Reviewed 5 July 2009

The receipts I received from the hotel were twenty dollars less than what was actually taken from my credit card. I think the girl at the desk took a little for herself and I will be contacting her boss first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank nomoneynomo
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I booked this hotel for one night on our way from Houston to Port Canaveral Florida for a cruise. I found the hotel to be clean and the rooms were comfy. Check in was a breeze, the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast offered was really good, great choices with hot items. The lady that cleans the breakfast area, was really nice. She continued to put out food and clean the area. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank shellywade
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I did not have a problem with this hotel. Stayed for two nights and one day and I liked the fact that there was plenty of towels, soap, and wash rags. What I liked best was the cleaning crew. They came in while I was gone and we left things sitting around lap tops, clothes etc. and you could tell that they were there but nothing seemed to move.
There was easy accesses to the highway, restaurants, and a small casino across the street.
There was food in the morning that you could smell in your room and there was plenty of it. It was good tasting and when something would run out there was more right out.
We had a great time and I will go back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I stayed here a year and a half ago, and its starting to age a little. The carpets are getting worn. Other than that the beds were excellent along with the towels and breakfast.

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank downey
Reviewed 20 April 2008

We stayed two nights at this hotel on a road trip from Nashville to New Orleans. Of the five accommodations we stayed in this was the only one you could properly black out the bedroom so the only one in which I got a decent night's sleep. Full marks already for that.

Staff were fabulously friendly and the outdoor pool was properly heated and open till 10pm, which is great if you don't mind joining the odd moth, beetle and tree frog. Our daughter, eight, thought this just made it even more fun.

Room and bed were both large and comfortable and although we were terrified on arrival to see the hotel so close to a busy interstate, noise was not a problem. And the restaurant next door - damned in earlier reviews - was a friendly place with some of the best food we had in the US.

We were pleased to have chosen this hotel over those in the more crowded Lafayette area as it's location meant we could drop down to Lake Martin, New Iberia and Avery Island on the uncrowded back roads and saving the best till last...

... for a unique boat tour of the swamp make sure you ask for "Mr Roy". He's the hotel's maintenance guy who knocks off at 2pm and takes visitors on a private two-hour trip around the region's waterways. We saw all manner of bird and wildlife for 60 bucks for the whole family. A nice extra touch that made this a great hotel and great value at $70-odd per room including breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Lafayette is pretty far away from this actual location, and there are a lot of newer hotels in the immediate Lafayette area. If you're just looking for a quick place to stop over, Holiday Inn Breaux Bridge will fit the bill. The room was nice and I really do like the new "Stay Smart" approach. The bedding was awesome, and the pillows were great too! It seems like all Holiday Inn Express's have these new ammenities, but there was nothing special about this specific property. The breakfast was horrid, I had a few strips of bacon and my Fiancee tried some stuff, all of which was stale. The cerial was in the big hoppers which usually means it's stale. I prefir the prepackaged boxes myself.

The hotel met all of my expectations and was a total steal as far as price, so in most reguards I believe it's a good property. We didn't have any problems aside from the bad breakfast, everything else far exceeded the price we paid for the stay, which is always a great find in the world of chain hotels.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breaux Bridge
#6 of 50 in Lafayette
Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
Home2 Suites by Hilton Parc Lafayette
Americas Best Value Inn - Breaux Bridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Breaux Bridge (Lafayette Area)? Share your experiences!