“Small and cute with lots to see”
Review of Zoo Of Acadiana

Zoo Of Acadiana
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Broussard
More attraction details
Owner description: Ten miles south of New Orleans, this zoo has over 750 exotic animals.
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I took my 13 month old son to the Zoo of Acadiana in the middle of the day. It was really hot but we were able to see everything in about an hour. They had a wonderful variety of animals - tigers, lions, giraffes and lots of monkeys. My son is too young, but he'll probably love it in a few years. My only complaint was that everything was closed - the train, the petting zoo. Every concession stand we passed had a sign that said "back in 5".

1  Thank avacorinne30

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have been to many zoos big and small over the years and we always seem to enjoy the smaller zoos. This zoo has nice walking paths and is well shaded with mature trees. The animals cages are pretty close to the walkways which is great because you can get close to view the animals. There is a nice variety of different animals at this zoo. Yes maybe it is not the most updated zoo compared to larger more well known zoos, but without adequate funding that is to be expected- still very well worth a visit!

3  Thank Kelly5182
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went on a field trip with my granddaughters class. I was surprised by this small zoo. Lovely garden setting and just the right size to take a group of 6 year olds.

2  Thank Dana C
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this small zoo. It has far more than we expected. The zookeepers are wonderful and answered all my questions. I saw many concerns about water for the animals. A zookeeper explained that there is system installed in most exhibits that is an automatic dispenser when the animal gets near it. for other animals, water is provided in appropriate containers. I saw it first hand and it is disguised in the exhibits. We did encounter parents who were not supervising their child who climbed under the fence and was sticking his fingers in the monkey cage. Fortunately he did not get bit. There are areas of the zoo, clearly posted, to stay behind the rails or do not enter. It is ultimately the parents responsibility to monitor their child's behavior and make sure they follow the rules, as it should be. I will be getting a membership on my next visit. It was so enjoyable to watch the giraffe nuzzling one zookeeper, the grey wolfs playing with another zookeeper, and one of the monkeys getting his back scratched by another zookeeper!

1  Thank Kandi D
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I recently enjoyed a wonderful afternoon at the Zoo of Acadiana! My 4 grandchildren loved it and we saw many interesting things - from a very vocal parrot to super active spider monkeys to snakes being fed (yuk). Anyway, great family place and will return soon! HIGHLIGHT was the baby Bengal Tigers, not exactly infants but so precious and beautiful!!!

1  Thank TLC337