“Updated Review”
Review of Zoo Of Acadiana

Zoo Of Acadiana
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Broussard
More attraction details
Owner description: Ten miles south of New Orleans, this zoo has over 750 exotic animals.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had previously written a review for this Zoo. Since my first review, I became a member and have visited several times. I am happy to see so many improvements over the last couple months, especially the new fencing. I was also happy to see the Golden Bengals have been moved to a much roomier area with a pool. As always to Zookeepers are very attentive, the animal areas are very clean as compared to the many other zoos I have visited, and the animals are very interactive with zookeepers. It is a small zoo and can be toured in an hour or two. If you are expecting a large city zoo, this is not the place for you. This is a smaller zoo with more chances to see interactions between the staff and animals, and ask questions.

2  Thank Kandi D

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Don't waste your money. My wife and I went here this afternoon. The animals are living in horrible conditions. They're obviously not being taken care of. The zoo maintenance has fallen extremely behind. The area for the birds was a joke. The pen for the red fox was about the size of a kennel. The layout is ridiculous. I will never waste my money going there again. The zoo needs to shut down and revamp.

3  Thank MWS_1980
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I took my 13 month old son to the Zoo of Acadiana in the middle of the day. It was really hot but we were able to see everything in about an hour. They had a wonderful variety of animals - tigers, lions, giraffes and lots of monkeys. My son is too young, but he'll probably love it in a few years. My only complaint was that everything was closed - the train, the petting zoo. Every concession stand we passed had a sign that said "back in 5".

1  Thank avacorinne30
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have been to many zoos big and small over the years and we always seem to enjoy the smaller zoos. This zoo has nice walking paths and is well shaded with mature trees. The animals cages are pretty close to the walkways which is great because you can get close to view the animals. There is a nice variety of different animals at this zoo. Yes maybe it is not the most updated zoo compared to larger more well known zoos, but without adequate funding that is to be expected- still very well worth a visit!

3  Thank Kelly5182
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went on a field trip with my granddaughters class. I was surprised by this small zoo. Lovely garden setting and just the right size to take a group of 6 year olds.

2  Thank Dana C