“complimentary breakfast and wine/beer happy hour”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Broussard - Lafayette Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Broussard
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days because I was in town for a wedding.

The rooms are clean - no complaints there. However, the walls are SUPER thin. Or maybe our neighbors were just extra loud because we could hear their entire conversation and their TV at 5 am. I'm sure it's not normally this noisy but it was probbo just because most of the the out of town wedding guests were staying here. It was like a circus!

There is a complimentary beer (Bud and Coors.....YIKES! But hey, I won't complain about free beer!) and wine happy hour from 5-7!

Breakfast is 6-9 on weekdays and 7-10 on weekends. Shout out to the lady who was managing the breakfast buffet. She was really nice and kept checking up on us to see if we needed anything. Even when the groom showed up after breakfast hours the day after his wedding, she was still very accommodating.

There's an outdoor pool but unfortunately, I didn't bring my swimsuit so I didn't get to use it.

There's also a Wal-Mart and a supermarket across the highway, as well as a couple of quick (but not very good) dining options nearby.
Tip - avoid the Santa Fe Cattle Co Steakhouse!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Broussard, the acommodations were fine. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. I do not like the breakfast that was served, i am old school and do not like the eggs that was served.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Made reservations on line 2/21/14@ 8AM Requested ground floor handicap rm due to my wife and I being very handicapped. We arrived at appx.2:30 to 3pm and was told that all h/p rms on ground floor was in use,but I could have a rm on top floor. I did not want it, but decided to take it anyway due it being close to my destination. When we hauled our baggage up we found that the room was unsuitable. This room only had grab bars. It was not even a handicapped room. It had a low toilet, and no shower seat. We would not be able to use the most basic of handicapped utilities. I called the desk and they said that was all they had. you need to have more than grab bars to be a handicapped room. I will not stay at this motel ever again, even though I had a good experience in the past. ALL HANDICAPPED PERSONS SHOULD READ THIS AND BEWARE....

Room Tip: Handicapped persons should beware. More than grab bars needed to be considered a accessible rm
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This La Quinta Inn is clean, well kept (just been built 4 years ago) and quiet. Nice lobby for a hotel of this range. The rooms are large and properly designed. I stopped on business for a night and it was good. Breakfast is decent with some nice varieties.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamachris
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I'm very fond of this hotel! It's very clean, staff is friendly , many convenient shops nearby & still out of the busiest traffic.
There is riverside inn nearby for seafood & sante fe for steak. Great city for visitors, even if I was there for a funeral service!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Guy T
Reviewed 29 December 2013

One wife, two small dogs for a one night stay. Made reservations online the night before our stay. NO problems reserving or checking in. Facility was great. Room was clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. GREAT location. Drove across the street (would have walked but it was raining) to pick up a nice supper at Sante Fe Steakhouse. Picked up a Starbucks, too. There's a Waffle House basically in the same parking lot but you don't need it. BEST continental hot breakfast we've ever had. Flaky biscuits, great gravy and grits already made, not instant! Sausage links were crispy and hot. This place is absolutely great. I hear they are booked solid during the week by an oil company but get here for the weekend. Very centrally located so you can hit Abbeville, St. Martinville, New Iberia. We will stay here again if we're even remotely close!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed 21 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broussard
Hampton Inn Broussard-Lafayette Area
Comfort Inn Broussard
Comfort Inn Broussard
#3 of 3 in Broussard
Home2 Suites by Hilton Parc Lafayette

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Broussard - Lafayette Area? Share your experiences!