“Has everything you need”
Review of The Salhouse Lodge

The Salhouse Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Salhouse B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed there over a weekend with friends and I loved the place. The staff are very very friendly and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. The campsite facilities are clean and modern and I love the fact they encourage recycling and provide the suitable bins.
It is very close to Wroxham for local shopping and renting a boat on the broads.
I will definitely be coming back to Salhouse in the future.

2  Thank Vickyjh1980

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I attended a MC rally here and have to admit it is the best facilities I have had the pleasure to camp at in recent years.
Nicely looked after campsite area with clean toilets and shower facilities, and I did notice power points for caravans too if that is your thing.
Great beer from local breweries and a well looked after pint too. Food is pretty good, plain fare, plenty of it, and reasonably priced - breakfast being a full english at £6.50 is extremely good value!
Staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

Friends who did stay in the rooms commented that they were clean, comfortable, and all the usual facilities you would expect.

Overall I'd give the Lodge an excellent rating, and I'll certainly be back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roddy B
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We arrived for a weekend with friends. Some of us were camping while some had rooms at the lodge.
The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble! The food was lovely and very well presented.
The camping toilet/shower block was cleaned regularly. The children's play area was great!
The grounds were beautiful.
Can't wait to return!

2  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recently the HSOCUK held their annual end of season rally at Salhouse Lodge. The venue is stunning, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble.

We camped in the grounds, easy access to all amenities. Bags of space for both camping, parking and an events tent!

Thank you to the owners and staff who made this a truly excellent weekend.

2  Thank Min7y
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Last year I had my first stay over at the Salhouse Lodge and was very impressed, however after just coming back from another weekend there, I can honestly say they are superb and I'll be back there next year for sure!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were looking for a bed and breakfast for the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend and thought we were not going to have much luck, however Salhouse Lodge had availability and was reasonably priced. We arrived Sunday afternoon to live music outside in the garden which was actually quite pleasant...and the sun was shining.
Our double room was clean, fresh and very well equipped, you could tell it had recently been decorated and furnished. The en-suite te same. There was no hairdryer in the room as stated but this was soon corrected without hesitation by the owner. My only small negative of the whole stay would be that our bed had a memory foam mattress and we would have preferred non-memory foam but that is our personal choice.
It was a great location with which to explore the local area. The breakfast was very good with quite a wide variety to choose from.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Just had lunch here so commonly comment on that.
Lovely grounds inc kids play area. The thing I find most off putting is the smell as you walk in. Smells so old and of stale beer and cigarette smoke and toilet cleaner! Food is ok edible but didn't enjoy it. Chips are said to be homemade but they are very soggy and greasy. The bar area seriously needs updating. It states no dogs allowed in bar area but someone brought their dog in which put me off while I was eating. Service was good and friendly but if took a while for the food to come even though they weren't busy. I wouldn't return

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salhouse
Hotel Wroxham
#3 of 50 in Norwich
Bridge House B & B
Bridge House B & B
#1 of 3 in Coltishall

Been to The Salhouse Lodge? Share your experiences!