“Good access to New Orleans area”

Best Western Plus Chalmette Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chalmette
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Best Western at Chalmette, New Orleans was clean, easy to find & had plenty of parking. The staff & in particular the manager, Mr Wang, were very courteous, friendly & helpful. Breakfast was ample & varied. All in all a good value hotel which offered easy access to central New Orleans

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Chalmette Hotel

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wonderful hotel. Compares very favorably with a Comfort Suites or a Hampton. Close to my work location. Quiet. Clean. Relatively new. Very safe. Breakfast is typical hotel fare, maybe a bit nicer. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Worth the stay. Beats other hotels in the area. Very good staff, clean, nice accomodations. Pool area was very clean but locked and we didn't bother to ask for entrance. Overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Chalmette, LA for 25 nights this past September and I had another 30 rooms booked for other guests and clients. Everyone commented on how nice of a hotel it was and that the accomodations were fantastic. Mr. Watanapa is an excellent manager, with a fantastic staff that includes Paige, Melanie and several other front end employees. Overall a great expieriece and am already planning my stay for next year. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Chalmette or south eastern part of New Orleans area. Again, a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

On the morning of October 1, 2013 I was off to work so I came down for breakfast it was Appomattox 5:05 am and there were no sausage cooked just some eggs and not even enough of them so I asked the lady who was back there were was the sausages and she said im not the breakfast person why you asking me I work front desk so I asked her her name so I could talk to the manager and what she did next was some rude she took of her name tag and walked away saying I should have went to the waffle house if I wanted breakfast so I had to wait until 6am for the nice tall red lady to come just to get a piece of meat from a hotel I pay to stay at so glad I was smart enough to get her name before asking so if you ever stay at the Best Western plus Chalmette hotel never and I mean never ask Ms.INDIA for breakfast very mean and rude...

Room Tip: Never ask Ms.India for breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

bad breakfast, bad staff, no swimming pool. the staff were the most unhelpful people I have ever ran into excluding the maintenance man who was knowledgeable about the area. the rest of them had no clue about retail stores, restaurants or local favorites. the continental breakfast was sub-par. they ran out of several items and on some mornings they might bring out more after half an hour. my wife and I visited in mid-September and you know the temperatures were in the high 80's. to me this is ideal swimming pool weather. not so with this bunch of a-holes. they close the pool down on labor day. we stayed at three other motels on this trip and they all had their pools open. on top of it all, to get to this location you will travel thru some of the scariest slums in the new Orleans area when I checked into this place I mentioned this to the desk clerk and she said "everything is OK if you don't stop.. if you are only looking for clean, this the place for you. I look for a lot more than just clean

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband has been staying here weekly because he works in the area. This week I booked his room on Sunday. He was up all night with a stomach virus (I'll spare the details) and ended up calling in sick to work - a very rare occurrence. When I called the hotel to plead his case and let them know he would likely be in Tues. They informed me that they couldn't cancel his room since we booked online and it was past the time per the cancellation policy - try calling the online number. I ended up with customer care and they contacted the mgr directly. Here is where I have my first problem. The mgr lied saying he had been turning down reservations for this room type all night. How do I know he lied? I had no trouble pulling up the room online to book for that night. The conclusion was that we would be charged for one night stay and could get a discounted rate when we re-book. As if. They just lost our weekly business. And to top it off, I just checked our account and they charged us more than what our room rate was for the night. To make it clear, totally get that we were outside the cancellation policy timeframe (a whole other issue), but had really hoped that they would work with a loyal guest...now they lost 2 night's business to save 1.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalmette
Best Western Bayou Inn
#1 of 2 in Westwego
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#109 of 166 in New Orleans
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
French Quarter
Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Chalmette Hotel? Share your experiences!