“Stopped off for a refreshing pint!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wheatsheaf

The Wheatsheaf
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Stopped off for a refreshing pint!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Just a quick update stopped of on the way home from work with the boss, great welcome, fantastic pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord and a sit in the roasting hot garden !!! Superb pub in the heart of the English countryside! Well worth the visit!!!cant believe the posting 2 previous to this, maybe the person was having a bad day because all I and my friends have ever experienced is exceptional Service and friendliness, never been overcharged yet!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Westhammer1966

Romsey, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Sunny saturday lunchtime. Friendly service, lovely food, great big garden with plenty of shade, good value, what's not to like?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kayleigh123
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Very poorly managed pub.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Very poor service again tonight. Why do I get charged a different price for the same round of drinks? Food quality mediocre at best. We've been going to this pub for over 20 years and it has been through some difficult times in recent months despite a fabulous location in the middle of glorious countryside in a fairly affluent village. The current leaseholders have been there for 12 months now and we've given them a good chance to get the business up and running. But our patience has run out now and we won't be going there again.

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal for miles !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Best CARVERY & also great menu selection !
Happy atmosphere !
Lovely garden ! Reasonable prices & excellent value !

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leesha B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We met friends here for Sunday lunch. My husband and I both had the Sunday roast,him chicken, which he enjoyed, me beef which was tough and roast potatoes were very hard, I ate it as I was hungry. We ate at 12.30, early in the Sunday service when you would expect that roasties would have been freshly done and therefore not rock hard. To give the place credit, our friends meals off the regular menu were very good and I got a free pud when I told the manager about my meal. I would go to the wheat sheaf again but would probably not have the Sunday roast .

• Visited June 2013