“Charming, restful.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheneyville
Loyd Hall Plantation
Ranked #1 of 1 Cheneyville B&B and Inns
Bayou Vista, TX
“Charming, restful.”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Probably a year ago, my husband stayed here in one of the cottages while he was working on a project in the area. He enjoyed his stay so much we planned to, and were finally able to visit together. My husband and I spent only one night early in June, but this time we were in the main house. Our room(s), the Jenkins Suite, was lovely, HUGE and very comfortable. The breakfast served was good and more than enough food, but the best part was the tour given by Beulah. She was able to provide tons of first hand information about Loyd Hall because she has worked there for, I believe 30-40 years! She shared marvelous historical details in her tour. I hope to stay at Loyd Hall again. I could sit out on that front porch upstairs reading for hours, if I had the time!

Room Tip: Jenkins Suite is truly grand.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djwhatley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed in Mindas Cottage for two nights at the end of march and it was a big surprise.
Being from Europe we were really interested in diving into the world of "Gone with the wind" on a Louisiana plantation. And we found it!

While our not-yet-2y-old loved the quiet surrounding, the cats, squirrels and donkeys - we appreciated tha possibility to have her play on the porch and in the backyard without having to follow her every step.

Other nice points:
+nice pool
+tasty breakfast with great southern biscuits
+nice furnishing in the cottage with high quality appliances, whirl-pool-tub and stuff
+good possibilities to go for a run
+snacks were provided in the room

Only one minor issue - we did have a few ants in the room, only in the kitchenette-area/cupboard and we didnt mind. It is a cottage in the countryside, right?

Having to redo the trip we would book Loyd Hall again - it was a very memorable stay! thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Johanna N
Madisonville
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife & I spent the night here this past weekend and absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Jenkins suite which is a basically half of the 2nd floor of the mansion. The suite is 2 connected 24x20 rooms with a luxurious bath attached. Like other reviewers, we were planning our next trip before we left.

Breakfast and the home tour with Beulah were splendid, as well. I highly recommend Loyd Hall.

Room Tip: Stay in the mansion, if available. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 November 2011

My husband and I spent a relaxing Fall weekend at Loyd Hall. Located admist the sugar cane fields, a visit to Loyd Hall is like stepping back in time. I enjoyed sitting on the porch and watching nature at its best. The beautifully landscaped property is filled with history, which was shared with us by our fascinating tour guide and chef, Beulah. I found myself planning my return trip before ever leaving.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Longview, TX
Reviewed 21 September 2011

For the uninitiated, there are legends about this place that go back quite a long time, and all of them are surrounded in a stream of misfortune that seems to continue here, as if this place is catching up for years of undiscovered obscurity.

Until the current owner, Mr. Mike Jenkins purchased Loyd Hall, named for William Loyd, rejected and expelled by his own prestigious Lloyd family of London, from the Fitzgerald family, who owned and operated it for decades, and orginally rescued the house n 1948, it hadn't been possible to spend the night within the classic 1820 Georgian mansion, with it's unequaled and exquisite plaster moldings and suspended staircases..

Today, Mr. Jenkins, an especially warm and agreeable gentleman when I met him, has sensitively restored some of the long lost features of this historic house, most noteworthy is the rear upstairs gallery overlooking the expansive sugar cane fields. This restoration alone is monumental and deserves accolades.

The expansion of the four original upstairs rooms into a pair of large suites that are waiting to be fully furnished with the addition of coffee tables in front of the soft and inviting sofas in the sitting rooms, plush bathrobes and all of the other amenities insisted upon by experienced guests paying such premium rates for the honor of having an over-the-top experience will be something to remember, and when repaired, the oversized bathtub in the suite I booked for $250 will feaute an air jet, water massage feature.

But on the more Adventurous hand, there are no sheer curtains over the windows to keep one from seeing the ghosts staring in from the upstairs gallery while alone in the house, which they certainly have done on both of my stays. Chandeliers flicker, aromas drift, unseen hands give a slight but affectionate touch with a waft of lemon sachet that quickly fades.

The private cottages of Loyd Hall are a great value for the B&B guest. The suites in the main house have great potential once the main house is fully furnished and they have all the amenites they should have for the price; shoppers for mind-blowing Louisiana Plantation Luxury might consider Bocage or Nottoway for that ultimate, intimate experience.

Until fully furnished, Brides and Ghosts are Loyd Hall's Angels.

Room Tip: Book outside cottages until the too-expensive suites are fully furnished to match the rate
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Natchez6
Reviewed 19 March 2011

My husband and I got married at Loyd Hall in March 2010. The staff especially Eddie made our rehearsal dinner and big day so amazing. All of our attendants stayed on property and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. My husband and I stayed in the Fitzgerald suite on our honeymoon night. We loved it so much that we came back to celebrate our one year anniversary.

The rooms are clean and the staff is excellent. Breakfast is exceptional. My favorite part is the claw foot tub and ridiculously comfortable beds.

My husband and I will continue to celebrate our anniversaries at Loyd Hall for many years to come.

• Stayed March 2011
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My husband and I stayed the weekend here, it is a beautiful house that is well taken care of. We were the only guest on the property and we had a key to the back door of the house and could come and go as we pleased. We stayed in the jenkins suite which is well worth the money, it was absolutely beautiful. The breasfast was wondeful. I recommend this place to anyone who wants a quiet place to spend time with someone.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Loyd Hall Plantation? Share your experiences!