“Roach infested dump!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coushatta
Budget Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Coushatta
“Roach infested dump!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Had to stay at this motel for work at a nearby factory. There is one other motel in town but it was booked. My room had huge roaches, the sheets had holes in them, and the towels and wash cloths had brown stains, the door to the bathroom wouldn't close, and the lady who runs the place is rude as hell! I paid for a week up front, and when I wanted to stay the last night somewhere else, they would not give me my money back. Next time I will drive somewhere, anywhere, I don't care how far the drive is. Stay away from this dump!!! I'll sleep in my truck before I stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Woodridgeoutlaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms smelled horrible. The family that owned it couldn't care less about customer satisfaction. I should have known that since I called 3 times before I arrived and didn't get anyone to answer the phone. I felt like I would be assaulted in the parking lot. That's bad because I travel slot and stay in notes at least 50% of the year and have never found such a crappy hotel with a staff that was so incompetent.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Awhail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

Clean, remodeled rooms with tv, fridge and microwave. My family of 4 were happy.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Robbrown70
New Iberia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Have to stay here for work since work books rooms. Only hotel in town and owners know it so ur basically on their schedule. Owners are husband and wife. Husband is great for service, wife is not. Not trying to bash anyone or insult anyone, merely stating a fact. Anyone that stays here will attest to that fact. I caught ringworm while here due to not recieving fresh towels, having to use the same towel over and over. Room 131, the a/c leaks water in the room which makes the carpet in room by the door damp, moldy, and mildewy, which is a violation of louisiana law. Secondly, room 105 had more than enough roaches living in it. I could not stand it any longer and asked for another room which the husband glady gave me room 108 which is alot better, no roaches in here. As of now, husband has fogged room 105 and completely taken it apart to get rid of all the roaches which is cool. Room comes with mini fridge, a plus, hi speed internet, a big plus, and a tv, another plus. Overall, this hotel isnt bad, it just depends on which room u stay in. If u want service with no attitude, talk to the husband, he is very very courteous, and tends to ur needs. Prob is getting clean towels, if u bother them enough if ur staying for an extended stay, they will comply with clean towels. I put out a 4x3 cardboard box as trash outside the room to be thrown away and the wife promply knocks on my door and tells me to throw it in the big dumpster in front of the hotel. Last time i ckd we are paying customers and it is not our job to lift a finger to do anything when i am a paying customer in a overpriced hotel. Maybe thats just me and maybe im spoiled as to how i was treated at the hotel on my trip to the philippines. If u get the right room here its an ok place to stay. Another thing, usually front desk is never there. Also, if ur out of toilet paper or clean towels and housekeeping is done for the day, ur out of luck till the next day. Personally i wouldnt be staying here if it was up to me but the nearest hotel is 25 miles away.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jadesmachoman1007
Fort Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2008

My daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren live 12 miles from coushatta in the country and since this is the only hotel in coushatta it could have been worse.

It was very old but was also kept very clean, never saw a bug (which was surprising looking at it from the outside)...the air conditioner was great, my hubby loved the cable, nice fridge and close to Burger King and the best pizza in the world.

My husband and I (in our mid-fifties) stayed 4 nights and believe that it was around $200, which was worth it to us. Always had fresh beds and towels when we arrived back at the hotel after a day of horseback riding and/or 4 wheeling...plus the bathroom was always freshly cleaned. So overall it was a nice place to retire to and we could sleep without listening to babies waking in the night and us sleeping on a foldout couch in the living room.

We will definitely stay there again on our next visit, was a nice stay. Was pleasantly surprised and credit the staff for that.

• Liked — cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — loud cars in the early a.m. starting up
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Traveler
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

At $63.40 (including tax) this was definitely overpriced.
This is rather odd as I stayed at another Budget Inn just up the road (in Jonesboro LA) the next night which was $10 less per night and easily twice as nice.
The rooms were rather cramped, the furniture old and worn and the beds uncomfortable.
From what I can see there are other motels in the area and I'm sure any of them would have to be better than this one. My situation is that most of my rooms are pre-booked for me by our company travel agent and I really don't have much say in what they choose. If you have a choice in the matter - do yourself a favour and don't pick this one.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — It seemed overpriced to me
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!