“Nice property, but breakfast area needs an update”

Residence Inn New Orleans Covington/North Shore
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The rooms are nice here and the grounds are well maintained, but the breakfast area is poorly laid out. Hard to get at items and you have to go behind tables to get to the coffee. This area needs an update. Otherwise, the breakfast was pretty good. Also arrived near the end (30 minutes before) of the evening social event and there was no food out, and it didn't appear as if there would be any more. The rooms also seemed a bit noisier than usual for other Residence Inns. Hotel is at the end of the road away from traffice noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn New Orleans Covington/North Shore

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a bad experience with a check-in lady who seemed like her goal was to just give a standard answer. Listen, I get it, sometimes it is just a job. At least, that's the vibe I was getting.

That being said, the ladies who took care of the breakfast buffet in the morning were so friendly, so nice, that they helped change my opinion.

Rooms: not clean, coffee maker was not working, dishwasher looked like it was broken and the water had a terrible taste. Sleeper sofa was fairly uncomfortable as well, but can't ask for too much from a sleeper sofa.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I recently stayed at this property while on a business trip. The front desk staff were personable and helpful, though they lacked some professionalism.
The room was modern and very well designed. The cleanliness of the room lacked some, though. When I first checked in, I had supper with some friends and then came back and stayed on the computer until I went to bed. When I woke up the next morning to shower, I found several hairs in the tub. I picked them up with an extra rag and showered. Afterward while sitting on the edge of the bed putting my shoes on, I noticed more hair on the carpet leading into the sink area. Then I saw a dust covered shelf underneath the bathroom sink.
I can generally handle a hair or two and a little dust, but this was a bit much for this brand of hotel. I suppose I have come to expect more from this chain.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned, beg for an upper floor. I listened to the upstairs neighbors from about 1...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I travel a lot, but don't usually pick a Residence Inn or extended stay, but sometimes it's good to feel more like you are a part of a "community" of sorts. Here I got what I came for, and maybe just a bit more. Despite having a few years on the latest remodel, most things are holding up well here. I felt the room was attractive, particularly the kitchen, complete with granite tops and Stainless Refrigerator and Microwave. The bedroom does have a rather odd mirror thing going over by the beds, but overall attractive. One caution to note in most of Louisiana is the soft water. If you are not used to it, it is kind of annoying. They say it is good for the skin though. Please remember that this hotel does allow dogs, which I believe are mostly in the wing to the left of the office when facing the front entrance. I stayed in the other wing and heard no barks or growls. The basketball court is a nice to have feature if you are so inclined, and the smallish pool (equipped with two chair lifts) is ample. Breakfast offered a pretty good variety, and was pretty much ok. The Manager's reception is nice, but sparse in the offerings... it is pretty much for those that are after the wine and beer (which I am not). All in all, tucked away, just off the main drag, and makes for a good quiet stay.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to kid noise, opt for a room that does not face the front of the hotel (i.e. the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel lived up to my expectations of what an all suites hotel should be.
I don't mind spending the money for a great stay... I stay in 180-200 hotels a year. That averages out to be 6-12 a month company purchased hotels and 3-6 hotels purchased a month by me.
And I prefer hotel rooms that are suites or like and apartment... It makes me feel like I'm at home. I purchased a one bedroom suite. And I wasn't disappointed at all. The suite was beautiful with soft bedding a large bathroom, and the perfect size living room. The Internet worked perfect without connection problems.
The pool was crowded with children, which I didn't mind at all, they came here to play. The food was good, and the attendants were busy keeping the counters clean while restocking... The hotel was busy, with tons of guest... But it seemed as if tho they were use to this kind of crowd.
I really enjoyed my stay... The 32 mile drive across the lake was worth it.
Thank you Residence Inn. R.M.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RubyRudi M
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family and I are staying here for 2 nights to attend the wedding of our nephew. The property is very neat, the hotel itself is very clean, and the staff has been very professional, courteous, and extremely helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to others that may be travelling to this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed here while traveling back from Disney World on my way home to Texas... about the half way point.

It was nice to roll into, set back in a quiet area. I walked in (without a reservation), and the lady at the desk was more than helpful. Very nice (almost Disney-like). She helped us and got us a nice room for my family for the night. I don't remember her name, but she worked the evening of June 7th.

The room was great, modern, clean, spacious, and my family loved it. Two adults and 3 children... all very impressed as we walked in and got settled in.

It's very convenient to many restaurants and shopping areas.

The sleep was great, and I must say, they were some of the most comfortable pillows I've used in a long, long time. Woke up refreshed, had a great breakfast, and set out for the rest of our journey.

I would recommend this Residence Inn for a quick over night or a short visit.

One thing you need to understand... I was just coming back from a resort at Disney World, Orlando, and my expectations were very high. The woman at the front desk got my stay started off right, and made the rest of the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family