“Clean, Quiet and Convenient”

Staybridge Suites Covington
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Covington
“Clean, Quiet and Convenient”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel has everything you need for a decent night's rest. It is clean, quiet (it sits off the main road) and convenient to the interstate. The staff was nice and accommodating. The rooms have plenty of space. Really, we had no complaints and would stay here again if traveling through the area!

Room Tip: Rooms that are away from the pool are the quietest during the summer- those kids have some fun in th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked rooms weeks in advance and called to confirm the night before. After a 7 hour road trip our reservation for one of our 2 bedroom suites had been canceled and they could not tell me why. Luckily they were able to accommodate us in other rooms but not the second 2 bedroom suite I had originally reserved. They compensated us which I did appreciate. However, the problem with the reservation does concern me as I've noticed comments on reviews about this happening too often. I too am a IHG member. I love Staybridge Suites but really concerned that my reservations in the future may not be what I booked and confirmed. Breakfast buffet was OK but slow to be replenished. As usual rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Covington, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear 4sons1973,

Thank you for taking the time to write a candid review. It is nice to know that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted out and addressed accordingly. Please know that it was a pleasure assisting you and that we will always do our best to ensure guest satisfaction. As a valued IHG Rewards Club member, we value all the feedback we receive as this helps us monitor what we are doing right, and what we need to improve on.

We look forward to serving you better should your future plans bring you back to Covington.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Travelling for work can be difficult. Staybridge Suites Covington eased my time away from home. I originally chose this hotel because of positive reviews for a pet friendly accommodation. However, it will be my choice even when I travel without my pets. From Stan at the front desk to the GM Eric, every one I came in contact with tried their best to make my stay a pleasant one.
I appreciate the opportunities to socialize with the hot breakfast and evening reception. I also appreciate the privacy offered. I received prompt attention for all my requests and the privacy needed after a long day at work as well. The room was very clean and well appointed and the location is terrific. Close to great restaurants and quaint Mandeville, the hotel is also 40 minutes from the French Quarter. Kudos to the management and staff for making my time away from home...another home away from home. :-)

Room Tip: I always choose non-smoking rooms away from elevators. They also offer hypoallergenic rooms atthis...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marksville, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 March 2014

As always the Staybridge Suites in Covington La. Was clean, hospitable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would stay there just to get away from the hustle and bustle of New Orleans. The restaurants in the area were sufficient for my business trip.

Room Tip: Elevators are noisy, try to book room away from them.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Deridder
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The rooms are very nice. I was impressed with the arrangement. There is too much room noise. Walls are paper thin. And the rooms farthest away from front desk can't connect to wi-fi. The staff is very helpful but they aren't always knowledgable.

• Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Covington, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Hupago,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

We read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room condition particularly with the noise challenges and we are truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had with our internet service.

Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Dhan M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

After reserving a suite with the request for a very quiet room well in advance of our expected stay, I was informed on arrival that there had been nothing in particular reserved even though my request showed on my reservation. I was told by the front desk attendant that the only available room was a studio. She checked through the room availability schedule and said that I could be moved to suite on the following day. She also stated that she would stop by in the morning and make sure that the day staff was aware of the change. She also comped my room for the first night of a 10 day stay which I was very happy for. On arrival to the room, it appeared to be a suite but converted to a handicap room, not a normal suite. I did not ask for a handicap room and suspect it is billed for a studio and used as the last available room. When I checked at the front desk this morning, I was told that this is a suite and they have no intention of moving me to a standard suite in a quiet location as I had agreed to with the night staff. I asked both attendants to have their manager call me, but so far no manager has responded to my request. I am an IHG member and had reserved through their telephone representative and expected much better treatment than this.

Room Tip: Don't expect to receive what you have reserved
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DSW999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Covington, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear DSW999,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced surrounding the type of room you received. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and these will be shared with our team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary
improvements to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Joel B
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at this property during my visit to New Orleans. Nice property in the outskirts of New Orleans. This is seems to be renovated property, everything looks brand new. The suites rooms were spacious and fully furnished with Kitchen.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple