Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsadjustable bedsfront desknew orleansgreat hotelmovie taverneasy accessquiet locationstay there againomeletstaff was friendlyrooms are cleana great stayhot tubnorth shorehgifirmnesslobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Hotel was new and clean, and staff was great. Staff was very friendly and very helpful when we needed assistance. Breakfast was awesome, so much to choose from and made just right. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This a really great Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. It is a very new hotel. The rooms were clean and large. Reception and Restaurant staff were friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning very much.

You have to stay here!!! :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We chose this hotel for our trip to New Orleans. On the map it looks like it's right next to the Interstate but in fact the area is pretty quiet and it even takes some effort to locate the place the first time.
We chose this area because it's safer and cheaper than NOLA. The staff was very friendly, especially the girl who checked us in both nights (we booked 2 separate stays because we were not sure about our plans for the night). I think her name was Jamie. The rooms were clean and quite standard for Hilton Garden. The main reason I wouldn't give this hotel 5 stars is because of the noise from air conditioning and drainage pipes. On the first night we stayed in room 103. The air conditioning was noisy and I even had to use ear plugs to keep myself from waking up every time the crazy thing started working. I guess this was the reason I didn't hear other unpleasant noises that I discovered the second night. On the second night I asked if another room was available. I was offered 127, but when we entered the room it had a very unpleasant smell, like vinegar or pickles or something, so I asked for 103 again because it was the only other room on the same floor. This time, the air conditioning was not bothering me this much. Maybe, they tuned it up a little because I had complained the morning before, but it was better. However, on the second night we woke up at 6am from, what I first thought, someone knocking rapidly on our door with a pen. It was so loud that I literally sat up in the bed. Well, it turned out that the noise was from drainage pipes. At least, I assume it was because it was accompanied by running water. I guess people upstairs were flushing their toilet. The noise was repeated every time they used toilet or shower or sink.
I don't know if this was the problem just with that particular room, but we couldn't go back to sleep after that. I, actually, never heard this kind of drain pipe play in any other hotel I had stayed at.
Overall, I think, I'll stay there again when we come back to New-Orleans because of the location and value, but I will probably ask for another room, maybe on a higher floor.

I can't make any comments on the food quality, because we didn't have breakfast although we were offered a complimentary breakfast due to our air conditioning issues. We had a long list of restaurants we wanted to cover during this trip to NOLA, so a hotel breakfast was out of the question for us.

Room Tip: Maybe, a higher floor to avoid noise from expanding pipes every time someone above you flushes their toilet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were checked-in quickly to a clean, cool, quiet room with 2 queen-sized comfortable beds. It was a last minute trip with my very young grandchildren. We played in the indoor pool which is small but also very clean, perfect for us as it had close access to restrooms. They have complimentary coffee station but there is no continental breakfast which is my only complaint.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was extremely tired when arriving but the clerk was extremely helpful with nearby local restaurants since it was late. I would definitely stay here again! Rooms were very clean, my floor was very quiet and I slept like a baby! Breakfast was very good and fresh!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family