“Louisiana Hospitality”

Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This property is only 2 years old and well maintained. The staff makes the place, very helpful and full of Louisiana hospitality. Great rooms and great rates for that area. A truly special place which we will again utilize during our travels in that area. I stay at hotels an average of 10 days a month and take my word, this property is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasBillyboy

Reviewed 1 January 2014

A little turned off by snappy answers with Desk Clerk #1........."this is not the Hampton". But Desk Clerk #2 moved in and was most friendly and helpful. Our grandkids enjoyed the heated, open to the outdoor pool and the attendant was friendly and offered pool towels. Interior felt like it was nearly new and housekeeping was well done.
The only negative was the beds. There was an adjustment for firmness but it seemed to control only the top few inches. The "soft" setting allowed my body to sink through the top layer and rest on the very firm lower base. Not really very comfortable. Am surprised Hilton used this Gadgetry. In three nights, we never adjusted the firmness to sleep comfortably. We probably will stay elsewhere for a better rest on our next visit o the area. This is a quiet location.

1  Thank loafin
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This place must be fairly new. Everything seems really clean and in excellent shape. Room was almost perfect except for one small stain / marking in carpet which was noticeable but the rest of the room, bed, bath was perfect and spotless. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again. The perks of this hotel included friendly staff, clean hotel and room, great price, and easy access to Causeway leading to New Orleans.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nice. However after driving 7 hours we were looking forward to relaxing. One if the beds has a MAJOR dip in the mattress. I can not express the depth. Literally I was above my husband. He joked that I was on the top bunk.... CRAZY. I will post a picture. I have not had breakfast yet so can't post on that. Just extremely irritated about this bed.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank milomlo1414
Cody M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn of Covington for your recent stay!
I apologize for the experience you had with our 'Choose Your Snooze' beds! Did you try adjusting it?! With the Hilton Garden Inn you get a personalized touch with our beds because you can adjust the firmness and softness of the beds! Unfortunately, many people have a love/hate relationship with the beds. You either love them! Or you hate them.
I do want to thank you for posting your review online and giving us a chance to reach out to you and explain the bed systems! We hope you come back and try out the adjustment knob on the bed, which can be found on either side at the top corner.
Thank you again and if you have any questions, feel free to call the hotel and speak with our Guest Service Manager!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Peter and his staff are excellent. We stay there everytime we come back to Covington. The rooms are always clean and tidy. Didn't get to eat, but the lobby bartender was gracious. The front desk is always smiling and greeting everyone as they walk by.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

So as I traveled cross country , I overused my credit card, my bad. Got here and the holds hadn't released, so I offered to pay cash. The policy here, sorry only credit card with room amount and expense. After the front desk person continued to tell me the policy, she suggested I go to "Clarion" down the road, they'll accept cash. Wow!! my suggestion, can we use debit for the room, credit the expense amount, answer... Yes we can do that. Ms Branch when you said cash, most don't mean a debit card. I'm pretty tired by this time and then I had to deal with very little parking availability and loading up my stuff to the room. My ultimate disappointnent, the "computer" overcharged my debit $15.00 +. The desk answer, sorry, don't know why the computer did this, but it'll release after your bank processes the charge. At 11:00 p.m., all this was exhausting. Not the Hilton service I'm accustomed to.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Midori B
Cody M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Mrs. Midori,
We understand your concern on being able to check in on cash. It is our hotel policy (clearly stated on a sign at the front desk) that all guests must have a valid credit card to check in to our hotel.
This policy is different for each Hilton Hotel. When your card declined to authorize for the full amount, and you claimed you had nothing else, we offered a solution (knowing you only had cash) to go to a hotel in the area that we know takes cash upon check in.
We are sorry if this offended you in any way, but we were trying to offer you the best course of action due to our policy.

Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask to speak with our Guest Services Manager.