I checked into this hotel Monday evening. By the time I went to bed, I heard big noise from diesel engineer. I found someone was cleaning the parking ground that adjacent to the hotel, using powerful high pressure water hose. I could not fall into sleep due to the noise. At 1:00 AM, I called the front desk, ask the staff to stop the noise. The lady answered the phone told me "I am in the bullet proof windows. I don't hear any noise". I asked her to come to the area where my room is located to hear the noise herself, and do something to stop it. She said "I am single girl here by myself. I can't go out". As to what the hotel can do to stop the illegal noise-making activity. The response is that "Nothing I can do. I am single girl by myself now". The I suggested her that she worries about her safety, she should contact police for help. She reluctantly called the police at my request.
By 2:00AM, the noise continued with no sign of going to stop. I called the front desk to check the status. She said police came and left, didn't take any action. I asked her why. She had no idea.
So I called police to find what was going on. The officer told me when they arrived at the hotel, the front desk staff did not want to file complaint against the noise. To the police, there was no complaint, no victim, then no action they need to take.
At the my request, police came back, took my complaint on behalf of the hotel, then went to talk to the workers who were doing the jobs. The noise finally stopped. But it was almost 4:00AM.
I fell asleep around 4:30AM, but have to get up 6:30AM for the client meeting at 8AM. I was really upset and mad about this terrible experience. I told the front desk at night and at the time of check out that I want to speak to their general manager about the incident. Both staffs said they would pass on the message to GM and have him call me.
Waited patiently till 3PM, I received no call from anyone. I called the hotel again, I was told the GM already left for the day. They can give the message to GM again and have him call me the next day. I insisted that I want the staff to contact GM that I would like to talk to him today.
Now two days over, still no one from the hotel call me to discuss the incident. It is clearly demonstrated that there is no minimum basic service exists at this hotel. The people there, from general manager to front desk staffs, really doesn't care about their guest's right to "have a peaceful rest".
This is my first stay at this property, and definitely is my last stay.
Since I am ignored by the management and do not have satisfactory resolution with the hotel. I am going to file dispute with my credit card company. I am not going to pay for the service (sleeping) that hotel failed to deliver.
Other observation: This hotel's rate is low compared with other property nearby, for reasons.
1) Seems to me this place is in shady location. The staff would stay in bullet proof windows office and scare to come out help their guest. If I would know this earlier, I would not choose this place.
2) The room is okay, but the linen and bedsheet are in light dark color, indication that they are being over-used and should be replaced long time ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Denham Springs/Baton Rouge offers the most value for your money when staying for business, pleasure, or just passing through. We offer clean spacious rooms, a 24-hour front desk, free deluxe continental breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. All guest rooms include microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, 32 inch flat panel cable TV, HBO, and alarm clock radio. Take advantage of our extremely comfortable beds and relax while saving money year-round with our Kids Stay Free Policy (11 and under in parent's room). For those guests that are in town on longer term corporate assignments or business trips we also offer special weekly and monthly rates, as well as direct billing options. For your convenience our hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Sorry no pets allowed. We are located off of I-12, exit 10. We are near local attractions such as Enchanted Mansion, Louisiana State University, and BlueBayou Waterpark. Americas Best Value Inn Denham Springs/Baton Rouge is your best choice within the Baton Rouge region of Louisiana. We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for entertainment, sightseeing, or simply passing through on your way to New Orleans. At Americas Best Value Inn Denham Springs/Baton Rouge our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Americas Best Value Inn Denham Springs/Baton Rouge, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Denham Springs Best Western
- Best Western Denham Springs