“awful experience at this property”

Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Houston, Texas
“awful experience at this property”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I checked into this hotel Monday evening. By the time I went to bed, I heard big noise from diesel engineer. I found someone was cleaning the parking ground that adjacent to the hotel, using powerful high pressure water hose. I could not fall into sleep due to the noise. At 1:00 AM, I called the front desk, ask the staff to stop the noise. The lady answered the phone told me "I am in the bullet proof windows. I don't hear any noise". I asked her to come to the area where my room is located to hear the noise herself, and do something to stop it. She said "I am single girl here by myself. I can't go out". As to what the hotel can do to stop the illegal noise-making activity. The response is that "Nothing I can do. I am single girl by myself now". The I suggested her that she worries about her safety, she should contact police for help. She reluctantly called the police at my request.

By 2:00AM, the noise continued with no sign of going to stop. I called the front desk to check the status. She said police came and left, didn't take any action. I asked her why. She had no idea.

So I called police to find what was going on. The officer told me when they arrived at the hotel, the front desk staff did not want to file complaint against the noise. To the police, there was no complaint, no victim, then no action they need to take.

At the my request, police came back, took my complaint on behalf of the hotel, then went to talk to the workers who were doing the jobs. The noise finally stopped. But it was almost 4:00AM.

I fell asleep around 4:30AM, but have to get up 6:30AM for the client meeting at 8AM. I was really upset and mad about this terrible experience. I told the front desk at night and at the time of check out that I want to speak to their general manager about the incident. Both staffs said they would pass on the message to GM and have him call me.

Waited patiently till 3PM, I received no call from anyone. I called the hotel again, I was told the GM already left for the day. They can give the message to GM again and have him call me the next day. I insisted that I want the staff to contact GM that I would like to talk to him today.

Now two days over, still no one from the hotel call me to discuss the incident. It is clearly demonstrated that there is no minimum basic service exists at this hotel. The people there, from general manager to front desk staffs, really doesn't care about their guest's right to "have a peaceful rest".

This is my first stay at this property, and definitely is my last stay.

Since I am ignored by the management and do not have satisfactory resolution with the hotel. I am going to file dispute with my credit card company. I am not going to pay for the service (sleeping) that hotel failed to deliver.

Other observation: This hotel's rate is low compared with other property nearby, for reasons.
1) Seems to me this place is in shady location. The staff would stay in bullet proof windows office and scare to come out help their guest. If I would know this earlier, I would not choose this place.
2) The room is okay, but the linen and bedsheet are in light dark color, indication that they are being over-used and should be replaced long time ago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EliteBizTraveller
abvidenhamspringsla, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 10 June 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways and that actions aimed at improving our property and the neighborhood in general detracted from your stay with us. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you with our service or our property, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
D.Springs, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Didn't I just rate this hotel and the previous one in N. Richlanad? You guys are making this too complicated. I will stay at Best Western, if you keep the rates reasonable and the facilities competitive. Stop asking so many questions. If I don't like your services, I will stop staying with you Regards, Ron Kenney

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Sheridan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay, we read the online reviews first before booking and found the room to be nice, clean and affordable. The bed was super comfortable and the breakfast was not too bad. The staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jason B
Sugar Land, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Good location near I-12. Restaurants and fast food within walking distance and nearby. Wal-Mart just north. Front desk staff was very nice. Outside entrances with plenty of parking. Breakfast selection was okay, but we did not eat. Outdoor pool. Beds were fine. Water pressure in shower was very low. Room Safe in bedroom, but we did not use. We would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Definitly will be staying here again. Of course it's not an 5star hotel but for the price and location you can't go wrong. They have a pool, large rooms, mini fridge,microwave, and safes in the rooms. The breakfast is hot and one of the better free breakfasts that I've had in higher rated hotels. It was a great stay, pleasant staff and will be back next time in town.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shamrockgrl
Carteret, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I found that this Motel is an easy access from the interstate, I come in from the airport in NOLA, it's an easy drive here .the rooms are always clean. Beds comfy, breakfast is OK , wish the pool would be open when the weather is nice even to just lay out but the gate is locked so you can't just sit out by the pool they said OFF SEASON even though it was 75 today, otherwise I have always had a good stay, I have stayed here 5 times in the last year .. I feel comfortable here..... Would recommend

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GRAPELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This motel is very nice and the breakfast is quite good. We have stayed here before and will do so again. Like most motels, their breakfast does not have syrup for diabetics so the waffles or pancakes cannot be eaten. We found that both Google and Map Quest driving directions were wrong, resulting in our making wrong turns. The restaurant next door is very good. so you don't have to drive somewhere for dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#36 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!