Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Denham Springs(Denham Springs)
Carom Inn(Denham Springs)
  • Fitness centre
Comfort Suites(Denham Springs)
Quality Suites(Baton Rouge)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here on our way to Florida. Perfect for getting out of town easily, yet accessible to Baton Rouge shopping and eating establishments. Costco is within 5 miles, Trader Joes within 8, and great Cajun restaurants all around.

1  Thank Akajun
Reviewed 21 May 2014

You will totally enjoy your stay! Our room was fitted with high-end linens with a FANTASTIC mattress, making our sleep even BETTER than at home! The bathroom was extremely clean, as well as the room. The breakfast was continental, except you had a toaster, waffle maker and microwave, which is why they say a 'hot' breakfast. I HIGHLY recommend this motel. Since it is refurbished, there are signs of repairs, but nothing offensive at all! Was impressed since most of the refurbished hotels we have stayed in are repaired with a "lick and a promise". The girl who checked us in was a total love. Very professional, positive, smiling, EXACTLY what you would want in your own business! In today's market, this is a great value for the money. HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This nice clean hotel is located next to a Don's Seafood so you don't have to drive anywhere to eat. It is also close to Bass Pro Shops and other great stores. It is far enough out of Baton Rouge that you are not caught up in the rush hour traffic and yet close enough to reach downtown in just a few minutes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I checked into this hotel Monday evening. By the time I went to bed, I heard big noise from diesel engineer. I found someone was cleaning the parking ground that adjacent to the hotel, using powerful high pressure water hose. I could not fall into sleep due to the noise. At 1:00 AM, I called the front desk, ask the staff to stop the noise. The lady answered the phone told me "I am in the bullet proof windows. I don't hear any noise". I asked her to come to the area where my room is located to hear the noise herself, and do something to stop it. She said "I am single girl here by myself. I can't go out". As to what the hotel can do to stop the illegal noise-making activity. The response is that "Nothing I can do. I am single girl by myself now". The I suggested her that she worries about her safety, she should contact police for help. She reluctantly called the police at my request.

By 2:00AM, the noise continued with no sign of going to stop. I called the front desk to check the status. She said police came and left, didn't take any action. I asked her why. She had no idea.

So I called police to find what was going on. The officer told me when they arrived at the hotel, the front desk staff did not want to file complaint against the noise. To the police, there was no complaint, no victim, then no action they need to take.

At the my request, police came back, took my complaint on behalf of the hotel, then went to talk to the workers who were doing the jobs. The noise finally stopped. But it was almost 4:00AM.

I fell asleep around 4:30AM, but have to get up 6:30AM for the client meeting at 8AM. I was really upset and mad about this terrible experience. I told the front desk at night and at the time of check out that I want to speak to their general manager about the incident. Both staffs said they would pass on the message to GM and have him call me.

Waited patiently till 3PM, I received no call from anyone. I called the hotel again, I was told the GM already left for the day. They can give the message to GM again and have him call me the next day. I insisted that I want the staff to contact GM that I would like to talk to him today.

Now two days over, still no one from the hotel call me to discuss the incident. It is clearly demonstrated that there is no minimum basic service exists at this hotel. The people there, from general manager to front desk staffs, really doesn't care about their guest's right to "have a peaceful rest".

This is my first stay at this property, and definitely is my last stay.

Since I am ignored by the management and do not have satisfactory resolution with the hotel. I am going to file dispute with my credit card company. I am not going to pay for the service (sleeping) that hotel failed to deliver.

Other observation: This hotel's rate is low compared with other property nearby, for reasons.
1) Seems to me this place is in shady location. The staff would stay in bullet proof windows office and scare to come out help their guest. If I would know this earlier, I would not choose this place.
2) The room is okay, but the linen and bedsheet are in light dark color, indication that they are being over-used and should be replaced long time ago.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EliteBizTraveller
abvidenhamspringsla, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways and that actions aimed at improving our property and the neighborhood in general detracted from your stay with us. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you with our service or our property, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Didn't I just rate this hotel and the previous one in N. Richlanad? You guys are making this too complicated. I will stay at Best Western, if you keep the rates reasonable and the facilities competitive. Stop asking so many questions. If I don't like your services, I will stop staying with you Regards, Ron Kenney