“Clean rooms and Great Customer Service”

Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
mary esther, United States
“Clean rooms and Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am a young female and was traveling through Denham Springs late in the night. I realized that I wasn't going to make the entire drive in one night so I called hotels.com to book a room. I took a chance on this Best Western. I was still about an hour away when I called and I am very unfamiliar with most of Louisiana, including Denham Springs. When I arrived, I was pleased to see the hotel was well lit and appeared clean. The late night clerk, Ivan was amazing. I felt like I had known him for years. He was sincere and very helpful. I stayed only 6 hours so he was also there at check out. Again, treated me like family. The room was clean and operational. I felt safe but, the customer service sticks out most in my mind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amelia, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was very nice, and clean, the breakfast bar was well stocked. The hotel is easy to find, right off the express way. The staff is very helpful and friendly. A nice place to stop for families to stay at, the pool was nice place to jump in and cool off.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ruth C
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly service. Rooms clean and well kept. Pool area very nice and the water clear. Continental breakfast has a good selection. Several restaurants in the area. Ice machine on first floor. Only drawback is no pets.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bellaelong
Bullard, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Not a bad hotel for the money. Staff was helpful and friendly. The two guys checking us in were very nice but did not catch their names. The room was facing the main street and was a little noisy. The room walls are a little thin and you can hear the folks next door. The breakfast was not great but will do to save money at ihop.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights. The hotel is an older Best Western however they have kept it up well. With it being an older hotel you do hear noise from out side your room and anyone in the room above you. We found the room clean and staff friendly and helpful. There is a military discount. They have a good selection for breakfast.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank medic1644
Guntersville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We made a reservation nearly 2 weeks in advance on Expedia because we wanted this hotel due to the location and the fact that they had smoking rooms avail. No rooms on BW web page so I booked through Expedia, got a confirmation for a king smoking....prepaid.
Arrived at hotel, only a handful of cars in the lot. Waited to get checked in as there was just one girl working, her boss just stands around looking clueless and NOT helping anyone. I gave her my license and paperwork from Expedia. She said she needed a credit card for "incidentals" to which I asked, What incidentals? you have no restaurant, room service, etc? what would I need to charge to my card? She then said it was in case we damaged the room or stole a towel or whatever....
So I gave the credit card, she pulls up my reservation and proceeds to tell me she has me in a double room....NO, I said, I PAID for a KING. She said none available....but they are going to put me in a double (which should be LESS) I said no, I wanted a KING what I prepaid for on my reservation. Not available. I said to her that the hotel was obviously STILL MOSTLY EMPTY and why can't she give me the room, she said those were RESERVED FOR OTHER GUESTS? WTH? I'm here, I made a reservation too! Long story short, we ended up across the street at another hotel....room was crappy but at least they were nice & friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MARGARET P
abvidenhamspringsla, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 10 June 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite not staying with us. We always recommend booking directly with the hotel for the best pricing and room selection. I’m sorry that our hotel was fully booked and that we couldn’t offer you a better choice of accommodation at the time of your arrival. Our goal is to provide a great experience for every guest, and I apologize that we let you down. I’m also sorry you weren’t satisfied with your experience elsewhere.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Denham Springs hotels

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We travel regularly and stayed here twice. First stay the room was really great. One day later not so hot. Bathroom was about 80% clean, poop in toilet under rim, mold in shower etc. Not really worse than an average budget hotel (motel 6 etc ) but at $ 75.00 a night it could be better. When checking in the room around 10 PM noticed only 2 washcloths. Went to desk, non available, re; owners son. Next trip same problem. Staff would need to get some when laundry opened. Lighting was poor and main fixture was broken adding to issue. The real chaff for me was after a late check in the next morning I wanted a swim around 8:30 before we checked out. Pool was not open until 10 AM. Owner would not allow me entrance until 10 so no swim for us with check out at 11. Cant swim, get a shower and load the car. If the pool is not an issue for your family this is a good place for the area, but I will go across street to Hampton whose rooms, pool and other amendities are worth the small day rate difference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Captmob
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that some housekeeping and customer service issues detracted from your stay with us. We take real pride in this hotel, and I apologize that we let you down. You’ll be pleased to know that we’re changing and improving the hotel in many ways and will be able to provide a better experience for you next time.

Hotel Manager
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#38 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!