“Back again”

Red Roof Inn Donaldsonville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Donaldsonville
“Back again”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is 1 of the 2 BWs' that I stay at when I am in the area. I am treated well by the staff. I really enjoy my stays here that is why I keep coming back. To me, I get more for my $ than compared to some of the other area hotels that I have stayed at. I will be back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When we arrived the staff member to check us in was very nice and helpful. That was the only time and person I received excellent service from. Then it all went down from there. When we get to the room it had a fowl old smoke room smell but we didn't complain just constantly sprayed some Febreze Air Freshener & Odor Eliminator since we were only there for the weekend. The next issue was there was no shower curtain, so we went to the front desk and they handed us a curtain to install ourselves so we could shower that evening. BTW the multi-setting showerhead was awesome. After the shower we needed to dry our hair and the hair dryer didn't work, we reported the issue and went to a family members room to try our hair. To my knowledge no one ever came to repair the hair dryer. The room was registered for 3 people(2 adults and 1 child) and we only had enough towels for 3. As before I called down to request additional towels and nothing was delivered. When I was the cleaning crew I asked for additional towels and was told there was not enough clean towels for me to get extra so I just left that request go. When we ready to relax we attempted to turn on the TV and it would not power on, so I checked for loose cables and the power plug was loose so I firmly connected it and the TV came on. but would not get any stations. I reported it immediately and no one came to resolve the issue. So the next morning I reported the issue again via the front desk and was told they would get it resolved. That afternoon I still had no TV so I saw the Manager in the hall way and told him directly he responded immediately giving me the impression he was shocked of the issue while he complained about other hotel guest. He asked me to help him get another TV from one room and move it to our room. He removed the non-working TV stated the remote should work and I need to connect the cables since he is not technical, not my normal expectation to do my own repairs but we wanted to watch TV so I did what I had to do. So I get it all connected and the remote does not work but it works from buttons on TV so I reported the remote issue and go about my day. That evening I still have a remote issue, the manager sees me in the waiting area asked about the TV and I told him the remote does not work. The attendant behind the desk yelled I was going to give him a new remote but I walked off, I didn't know I was supposed to wait for a replacement remote but lets move on. The manager says I should have programmed the remote. I told him I never stayed at a hotel where I have to do my own repairs and asked that he or his staff take care of it since I was not going to be in the room. I can say when we returned the remote worked.While talking with the manager he told me he check his issue logs and there was not anything reported for my room. I told him I have no reason to lie and he can check the phone records from the room to prove I called the front desk. This was probably my worst experience I have had with your company as was shocked on how the make-ready team to prepare the room standards were so low. The manager also fussed at our child for filling up the ice bucket stating they don't need that much ice. I hope this gets addressed because if I had an options to go somewhere else to stay and get refunded I would have left. I know I will stay with your chain again in the future but I wont stay at the Plantation Inn ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Arthur B
bestwesternplantatio, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Donaldsonville, responded to this review, 10 June 2015
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. I’m very sorry we couldn’t meet your needs or expectations. We take great pride in being a pleasant, friendly and accommodating place to stay, and we obviously let you down in some ways. I hope when you visit the are again you will give us another chance to meet your needs. I’m certain we’ll do better for you next time because we have changed and improved the hotel in many ways since this time.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Donaldsonville hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Best Western Plantation inn in Donaldsonville Louisiana was nice & clean. My only complaint is that for the continental breakfast, they only had a limited amount of food,but other than that, the rooms were nice & clean, & a good value for your money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret1209
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was looking for a hotel in the Baton Rouge, La area for 1 night stay. Several of the hotel that I called or went on line to reserved were booked up. When I called BW in Donaldsonville the clerk put me on the waiting list. Sad to say the BW in Gonzalez doesn't have a waiting list for cancellations. Thank the Good Lord that Donaldsonville, BW does. I forgot the name of the Friday afternoon clerk who called in regards to the cancellation. Everything went well, expect that I was charged twice for the room. I didn't notice that until I check in at a BW in San Antoinio the same day that I check out in Donaldsonville. I check my account there and I seem the double charge. Since it was Sunday and Monday was a holiday, I will have to wait until Tuesday for the charge to drop off. Of course, I informed the hotel. I have stay there before and that was the first time that have happen. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was at the hotel about a year ago and I really enjoyed the friendly staff. Tiffany on the night shift was a little more knowledgeable that the previous staff person. The internet was a little slow but overall it was a good experience. I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We pulled in late in the day after leaving Baton Rouge and the manager put himself out to find us a room. The hotel was quiet, clean, beautiful bed, fair choice of breakfast, good quality orange juice, hot coffee, was made to feel part of a family.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet in this hotel, except perhaps in summer near the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Surprise, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel is very dirty. I will never stay here again. The staff is very rude and don't know anything in the area. I caught the front desk girl on her cell phone talking away. This hotel also has a little of guys on business, and they are very loud.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure you that action has already been take to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we now do business, and we’re always working to provide the most consistent experience possible.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donaldsonville
Comfort Inn Donaldsonville
Nottoway Plantation Resort
Nottoway Plantation Resort
#1 of 1 in White Castle
The Inn at Houmas House

Been to Red Roof Inn Donaldsonville? Share your experiences!