“Good room and a Good trip”

Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Duson
A TripAdvisor Member
ORMOND BEACH
Reviewed 24 October 2012

At first the room had a slight chemical smell from just being cleaned and it seemed it could be a little bit cleaner. But overall the room was nice for the price with a fridge and microwave and a nice TV. The hotel was a nice central location for our purposes and the staff was nice. The breakfast was also nice and the coffee was even decent. Overall both me and my wife were quite satisfied with the room. It really wasn't much different than a room we paid twice as much for at Disney a while back so the value is definitely there. The internet connection also seemed sub par and we couldn't stream anything.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8duson, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We sincerely apologize that the smell of our room was not upto your satisfaction. We will take your review and use it to improve on the experience for our future guests and hopefully for you.
It is an honor to hear that we have fulfilled your expectations and our team is motivated by your kind compliments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for another great visit.

Sheila

Reviewed 23 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Love the place. Love that the T.V. have closed caption that is easily to access onthe remote for my wife. Love the bed that is so comfortable and big. The air was so good. The customer service was great and easy to deal with the very easy person to talk to.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8duson, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
We love to hear when we have guests that have a great lodging experience while staying with us. We look forward to having you return to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Our group booked apprx. 20 rooms for the weekend. We had stayed here years ago and had a great experience. Unfortunately the hotel has gone down hill. Two of the rooms had ants in them. Not just a few ants but trails of ants and in one room they were in the bed. The front desk gave us cans of bug spray to deal with it. We rented a "suite" that had a large tv and full kitchen. The vinyl sofa in the room had rips in it and the extra large outdated tv did not get good reception. Both ac units in the room were broken and service came twice the first night and still could not get them fixed. They provided another room to sleep in but early the next morning (9:00 am) said we had to move everything out. We had the refrigerator full for our 20 rooms of guest and no where to put it. Although he ac was still broken and could not be rented to anyone else they wanted it cleared. So, we had to move out the replacement room for the day and if it's not fixed will have to move back into a
replacement room again. The breakfast was sad. There's a waffle maker, a crock pot with eggs, cereals, toast and pre-packaged rolls. The coffee had grinds in it. We asked to speak to the owner/manager but they would not call him. The upside is the location and the friendliness of the cleaning ladies (I think they felt bad for us).

• Stayed: September 2012
super8duson, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I appologize for all the inconveniences you have experienced. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.
I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I am a trucker and stay in hotels when away. This was hotel was better than some Super 8's I've stayed in and not as mode as others but on the whole a real good bang for your buck. I myself won't WTG again because I don't like Parking at a truck stop while I'm staying in a motel. Not enough parking out there for guys that sleep in there trucks. I had little choose since my hours for the day were almost out. Staff was helpful room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012
super8duson, Manager at Super 8 Duson Lafayette West Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the entire Trip Advisor community regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and that you enjoyed the service of our staff!
I appologize for not having enough parking for truckers who sleep in their trucks. But we do have some parking in the back if you donot prefer to park at the truckstop next door.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best regards,
Sheila

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I met my mother at 5pm 8-7-12 to pick up my neice and nephew to bring the home with me. When I arrived my mother was at that the front desk telling the lady at the counter that her toilet was stopped up, she handed my mother a plunger. I looked at the woman and said this is the first hotel in which I have seen that your guests have to unstop their own toilet, it was at this point that the lady developed a very nasty attitude. She looked at my mother who is 65 and said what did he expect me to unstop it. We unstopped the toilet and my mother returned the plunger that lady at the counter then informed my mother that I would have to leave the hotel ( wasnt there to stay just to get the kids ) but thats beside the point. This was the worst case of customer service i have ever seen in my life, not to mention the room 101 had a strong odor of mildew. Would never recommend anyone staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: After the service at this location wouldnt recommend it to anyone and I wasnt even staying there jus...