“Perfect for families with children!”

Flower Garden Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tawala
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I'm giving this place 5 stars for catering to all our needs...and I mean ALL.
We had a relaxing here on 26-29 Dec 2013.
I made my reservation about a year before our date of travel. There was no hassle in making reservations nor in checking in. And Sigi, the owner is very helpful in providing useful information. We took his advice to go on a countryside tour from the airport instead of dropping our luggage first at the resort. It sure saved us lots of time and money. I am so satisfied that if we ever come back to Panglao, I wouldn't bother looking for other resorts. I'd come straight here.

PROS:
1. Very clean rooms equipped with new split-type airconditioners. Bathroom is huge!
2. Well-equipped kitchen which was great coz we were able to cook and grill and enjoy lunch by the poolside. The food at the beach is on the pricey side and nothing impressive. The fridge is always stocked with cold San Miguel beer!
3. Clean pool which the kids enjoyed.
4. Flowers...lots and lots of flowers!
5. No restaurant/bar at the resort = no loud thumpy music = relaxing evenings.
6. Friendly owner and staff! Not nosy but they are there when you need them. The resort has a security guard, too.
7. Privacy, privacy, privacy!
8. The rates are cheap. Honestly, I would be glad to pay more for the service and wonderful accommodation.

CONS:
1. If you're looking for beachfront, this is not the place to stay, but it's a 2-minute walk to the quieter side of the beach through Alona Tropical. There are stray dogs on the street, but of course this is not the resort's fault.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeda G
There are newer reviews for Flower Garden Resort

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is a simple beach resort, nothing fancy, the bungalows are clean and comfortable. It is not a beach front resort but a few minutes walk to the beach. The staff were friendly and polite, very welcoming. The WiFi works well and Bungalows are very well equipped including a full kitchen appliances, you can cook your food and save you some money what it makes it perfect for a long stay in Bohol. The resort doesn't serve breakfast but like I said you have a kitchen, so won't be a problem. If I go back there some day I will look no further only one tip, book in advance.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed three months at the Flower Garden resort and really enjoyed our stay.
birds
Sigi combines a laid back attitude with a nothing is too much trouble approach.

The pool is sparkling and the little sunbirds like the flowers even more than we did.

Room Tip: The big cottages look good for families and the smaller ones are great for couples.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baboy T
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The house (House 3) was nice, 2 stories, own kitchen, and well equipped with all one would need. The location was perfect as we could walk to the beach (end near Amorita Resort is best) through a neighboring resort..... it took literally 3 mins. Flower Garden was also very close to all shops, bars, restaurants, cafes. It was quiet and peaceful. When we stayed there was quite a bit of rain over the 3 days so there were LOADS of mosquitoes outside... If the weather is looking like its going to be wet... bring your repellent, smoke coils... and keep your doors and windows closed. We didnt really have an issue with them in the house because we kept doors closed :-) The rooms could do with some new towels for the bathroom... the ones we had were ok, but quite thin, loose ends and well used.

We would stay here again for sure. Great value, friendly people, great location and good quality houses/bungalows.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chickenhopack
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Nicely laid out resort,with pretty gardens,pool.Well equiped bungalows with all you need including kitchen and utensils/dishes etc.A 5 minute walk to beach .Quiet clean place with friendly helpful staff and owners....book ahead

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Flower Garden. While my bungalow was not a contestor for an award handed out for beautiful interior design I really appreciated the cooking facility - finally a chance to actually buy and cook some of the seafood available at the various seafood market stalls I passed when driving around the island. Very pleasant staff and owner. On the downside, it is a bit of a walk to the beach and the more "happening" places. Plus, while staying there, I did not exchange a single word with any of the other guests, which is a rather unusual experience for me. I'd recommend this to elderly tourists who value quietness.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This place is perfect especially if you are with family. They have a house/villa with 3 bedrooms and complete amenities, kitchen, rain shower, towels, rice cooker, gas range, plates,cutlery, air conditioning, fan, balcony on first and second floor, Big Fridge stocks with beverages with reasonable price.

The swimming pool is nice addition especially if you don't want to walk outside to beach area.

The owner is very professional and will give valuable information. And he give us discount on arrival.

The staffs are very accommodating and service oriented with lovely smiles.

This place is really great though its not a beach front. But walking distance to beach where you can scout for a boat for Island Hopping to Balicasag Island and Dolphin Watching.

The staff arrange for us the boat for island hopping with a reasonable rate.

We enjoyed our stay, its like a home since you can cook at your private kitchen.

Would Recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Travel_World_Journey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tawala
Henann Resort Alona Beach
#12 of 50 in Panglao Island
Oasis Resort
Oasis Resort
#7 of 50 in Panglao Island

Been to Flower Garden Resort? Share your experiences!