“Amazing Night Sleep”

Best Western Eunice
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eunice
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My spouse and I enjoyed our stay in Eunice at Best Western. They had hot breakfast with items we see at all major chains. The pillow-top beds were great and we loved our cool (cold) room. Charles and everyone else were friendly on helping us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Bill,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are glad that you experienced our cozy beds and cool rooms. We have renovated our lobby area and work each and every day to improve our guest experience. We know we will be seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had my family reunion at the Best Western in Eunice. It is one of the nicest hotels in the city. The staff worked with me on a more than fair group rate. The hotel was clean and up-to-date. And the staff was more than accomodating AND courteous to my family of 28. I highly recommend the Best Western Eunice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Mia,

We hope you and your family had a memorable family reunion!

We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hope your back with us soon. Please let us know how we can assist to you with your future stays at any Best Western.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stayed in many Best Westerns in the Southeast. The breakfast I had in Eunice was fresh, crisp, and well served. Not only did they have the normal continental fare, but served hot sausage, eggs, and french toast. I was very pleased with this small town, " I'm going to do it better", attitude. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback to us. Without your true honesty we would not know how a guest feels. Glad you made a trip to Eunice!

We hope that all your stays in the area are with us at the Best Western Eunice.

See you soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

When I called to make the reservations for an overnight stay, I specifically requested a downstairs room. The person on the phone (I called the hotel directly) seemed very nice and knowledgeable. Of course, when we checked in, you guessed it...second floor room. I told the person at the desk (a different person than the one I spoke to on the phone) and she said that the precious clerk should not have guaranteed me a first floor room because they cannot always accommodate that request. At first she said there were no rooms on the floor level available, but then I guess she saw that I was upset, so she continued looking on the computer. She was actually very helpful and even when I started to walk out, she stopped me and said she could put us in "room 103." I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with that room. It could be considered handicapped accessible since it is right behind the service desk, but there are no handicapped accommodations inside. Anyway, we went into the extremely small room and immediately noticed the many doors. There was a door between our room and the service desk area (?) that seemed to be locked from their side. There was also a door between our room and the room next door and one on the back wall that led to who knows where and didn't really close all the way. Since we were on the other side of a very thin wall, we could hear everything that was said at the front desk (phone ringing, conversations), and we heard lots of guest noise too from other rooms. Apparently the walls are just thin. The bathroom was clean but we did have to get a plunger for the toilet and the A/C never really worked that well. It was either too hot or too cold. I must say the bed was really comfortable if you like a soft mattress, even though there was really no quilt or comforter on it...only a blanket between two sheets. Luckily we only stayed overnight, but I think we will opt for the Holiday Inn down the road next time.

Room Tip: As far away from the front desk as possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey B
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Stacey,

Thanks for reviewing Best Western Eunice. Our desk clerk did not want to give you a room on the 1st floor was for the exact reason you mentioned being next to our front office, in hopes that being close to the front office did not matter to you. Our only 1st floor room available. The multiple doors in your room connect your room to multiple rooms to take advantage when guests want connecting rooms.

During your next stay, please request for our team to show you how to adjust the A/C. The bedding is new within the industry- triple sheeting. However, we do give extra blankets should you request.

We hope that after reviewing these comments you give us another chance to prove your stay with us.

Please email us at sales@bestwesterneunice.com with any additional concerns you may have.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The room was clean but we had holes in the sheets. The breakfast was a joke, eggs were watery, bacon was good, waffles were cold and had to be put in a heater, noises from other guests knocking on doors. We are in our 70s and have been in a lot better Best Westerns hotels, We travel a lot. We paid over 100.00 dollars and it was not at all worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We're unfortunately sorry that your stay was not up-to-par. We will be addressing these issues with our staff. With breakfast, most items must be warmed up including waffles.

We will use your constructive feedback on our rooms and service as we constantly work to improve our guests' satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I booked a room here for 2 nights while we were in town for my mother-in-law's funeral. I told the desk clerk this when we checked in, but she did not offer any sympathy or a discounted rate like another reviewer mentioned. When we got to the room, the vanity in the bathroom had not been wiped down nor was the sink clean. There was only a small amount of toilet tissue on the roll and no spare roll. We were in a hurry to get to the funeral home, so we did not report any of this to the front desk; we just stopped by and got some extra toilet tissue after we got back to the room. When I was brushing my teeth, I discovered that the sink didn't drain quickly and water backed up. We were ready for bed and tried to settle in and go to sleep only to discover that every time the AC compressor cut on, it sounded like a helicopter taking off in the room. We tried smacking it and putting a cooler on top of it and the ottoman in front of it but none of us slept well due to the noise. When I got up to take a shower the next morning, I found that the water was only lukewarm at best even with the knob turned to the hottest setting. At around 8:30 the next morning a lady from housekeeping knocked on our door and asked if we had any dirty towels which my son gathered up and gave her. My husband and I went to the lobby and told the clerk about the AC and she told me to tell the maintenance guy who was sitting in the the lobby about it, which I did, and he apologized and said he would make sure he got it fixed. We looked around the "breakfast bar" (and I use that term loosely) and found a small amount of what looked like watery eggs, bacon, and a few pieces of cut apart waffles in a warmer and a half a cup of coffee from both the carafes. There was one breakfast burrito in the fridge and some bread, muffins, and bagels, so we opted for toast with peanut butter and jelly for our breakfast. We asked the desk clerk about making some more coffee and she did. We went to the funeral home and when we came back to our room around 1:30, our room had not been cleaned at all. We rested for awhile and as we were getting ready to leave again around 3:00, my husband called the front desk and asked them whether there was anyone coming from housekeeping to clean the room. He said she asked, "What do you need done?" and he said, "Fresh towels, trash emptied, beds made...usual housekeeping stuff" and he said she told him housekeeping was gone for the day but they'd try to send someone over. When we got back to the room it had been cleaned and the beds made and linens replaced. The AC was somewhat quieter, but still obvious when it cut on. We slept a little better at least. When we checked out this morning, the desk clerk was listening to another lady behind the desk talking to her and she barely acknowledged us, If she had asked I would have told her about our experience, but since she didn't, I didn't volunteer. I'll let this review speak for itself.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Daphe,

We apologize for all the inconveniences you ran into while staying at our property.
Housekeeping assumes you do not want services multiple times a day if you do not request for it. Thus services were not completed in your room. Many guests do not want housekeeping entering their rooms with them not being in the room.

We are more than willing to switch your room to another should you have requested as well as helped you and your family better use our products within the room.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

It looked very nice. It was very clean and appealing. Well, looks can be deceiving. The pretty little square pillows (which is all that came on the bed) were too thick for my neck. The bed was comfortable but even one pillow was so thick...I woke with a very sore neck and didn't get very much sleep at all. The room the whole night felt like it was just comfortable not cool enough to even sleep with a sheet otherwise it was too hot. We didn't go actually into room after leaving our bags there and going back out until 9:20pm or so. Getting up in the night, the toilet overflowed. I had to go down to the front desk. The lady got me a cheap plunger and handed it to me not offering any thing else not even...I'm sorry. I had to plunge it each time. We went down for breakfast in the morning. Why bother? We had coffee and a banana. Don't expect much. Checking out then, we again told a different clerk about the trouble with the toilet overflowing and the air conditioning barely blowing cool even on high. She just said, "Sorry, I'll let maintenance know." We will never stay at this hotel again. If the holiday is booked, I will drive 25 miles out of my way. Staff never even cracked a smile upon check in. Very unfriendly staff much less not very helpful. I guess they don't care about repeat business.

Room Tip: no elevators for the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestSalesTeamEunice, Sales Team at Best Western Eunice, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Joe,

Thanks for reviewing Best Western Eunice. We're disappointed you felt the pillows were not what you wished for during your stay. We would recommend you try out various pillows within the room or ask front desk to give you pillows to your liking.

All of our ACs have been tested and cleaned a few weeks ago, but will have them re-checked again.