We really loved our short-break on the Maldives. Everything was picture perfect, even repairs were done in a non-disturbing way and nothing looked out of place. We loved the climate, the food, the short distance to the airport, the activities offered and the staff. I would even give it 5 stars but there are two things that I'd criticize: 1) too high prices for food and drinks, 2) too many plastic bottles.
1) We travelled with a child and an infant, most of the day we drank the complimentary water, breakfast was included and we had one bottle of the cheapest wine (60USD for a Cab Sauv Casillero del Diablo) during our stay and one evening meal but yet we had a 500USD bill average per day to pay when we checked out. The evening meals were around 300USD ++, a beer (Tiger/ Heinecken 0.33l) was 9USD ++.
And because you are on an island you don't have any alternatives.
2) The complimentary water was provided in 0.33l and 0.5l plastic bottles and we alone had about 10per day. The amount of waste created on this island just from those plastic bottles was horrific. We spotted loads of plastic bottles on the open sea and probably not just from that island. They could easily improve the situation with putting up water dispensers all over the island and giving out refil bottles which would make up a nice souvenir at the end.
But overall it didn't ruin our break and you don't travel to the Maldives and count your pennies, just anticipate the prices. We thoroughly enjoyed it and definitely will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives