This was my first trip to Maldives and after many days of reasearch over the net I finally chose Anantara Dighu as my honeymoon destination. It was a Five * resort with a 3 * price and I just could not resist this awesdome deal.
We had a long flight from my hometown of Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India and were really amazed by the welcome we received from the staff members of Atoll Paradise.(Our booking agent). Everything had been pre-arranged and they took care of transporting our luggage right from the Airport Exit to our hotel room which included a 40 mins speedboat ride from Male to Dighu.
The resort was absolutely fabulous and a prefect paradise for honeymooners. The service was exceptional with very friendly staff members.They provided us with a bottle of champaigne on our arrival and later decorated our bath tub with rose petals and lighted scented candles around it to make us feel really special.
The Deluxe Beach Villas were spacious and with the open air bath tub and shower in the backyard. We had no problems in plugging our ipods to the home theatre system fitted in each room as we listened and danced to our favourite romantic numbers.
As I had taken the sunset deluxe villa out backdoor faced the west side of the beach. Each room had a pathway to the beach and was well concealed from the adjacent room with thick bush to provide us with that privacy we so dearly longed.
The breakfast and lunch buffet was great with all varieties of food available starting from continental to western. The dessert items were particularly my favourite.
We had some issues with the dinner as it was very expensive and not much to our likings. We tried the adjacent island of Veli too but were not much impressed with the dinner choice available.But I think sea-food lovers and westerners did not actually find it that hard ..
We took the sun-set cruise(60 $/person) and massage at the beautiful over water spa which was also around 60$/person for sixty minutes as they had a offer going around that time. I loved both of them. We also did free kayaking around the lagoon as the sun-set gently set over the western horizon.There were other sea-adventure packages available for more daring ones but did come with a hefty price tag.
Overall I would say it was a very wonderful and satisfying experience and real value for the money spent. The staff members never pushed us for anything and they did understand the need for our privacy all the time. The daytime was hot but the evenings were trully wonderful.Sitting on our own small private beach hand in hand and watching the sun set while the gentle waters of the lagoon lapped the shore will always be etched in our memories as the very first bissful moments we spent of our new life together.
I would like to thank the Anantara members for making it so special for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives