“BBQ!!!!!!”

Hickory Smoke House
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Fort Polk
Reviewed 28 October 2015

The food was great, the service was ok, but it's on a military base and it's more of a cafeteria type service, so I wasn't expecting to be waited on hand and foot. I had the smoked chicken which was still moist, but had the delicious smoked crunch to the skin. Def will go back.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

I visit this restaurant every time I'm in the area for work. Although I'm not a fan of the pulled pork (no flavor in my opinion) but all other options are pretty dang good. The ribs pull easily from the bone, chicken is cooked just right, sausage is juicy and although I've never gotten the gumbo some of my coworkers grab every at every visit so it must be pretty good. Another one of the few good places to eat while in the area. If you can pay them a visit, you should. The lines do get pretty lengthy but move quickly and it's worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

This is a great place to go for a quick lunch while on Fort Polk. There will most likely be a large line but it moves quickly. Every morning when I run by the building I can smell them cooking their ribs.