“Yummy Gumbo!!!”

Hickory Smoke House
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Fort Polk
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

When i get to Louisiana for the firt time everybody was talking to me about this places and the Gumbo. The staff is really good and fast. The food is good..

Reviewed 6 April 2016

If you want a good meal on Fort Polk, this is the place to go. Quick, efficient service for excellent food. The Bar B Q is worthy of recognition. Would say it is the best BBQ in this area. For some reason, it is better here than in the DeRidder store. The place is clean, employees are warm and they get through a line quick - with good food! Just cant beat it on this post!

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Staff was not very friendly. Can't put my finger on it but something was way off with my BBQ chicken and the sides were flavorless.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

The food was great, the service was ok, but it's on a military base and it's more of a cafeteria type service, so I wasn't expecting to be waited on hand and foot. I had the smoked chicken which was still moist, but had the delicious smoked crunch to the skin. Def will go back.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

I visit this restaurant every time I'm in the area for work. Although I'm not a fan of the pulled pork (no flavor in my opinion) but all other options are pretty dang good. The ribs pull easily from the bone, chicken is cooked just right, sausage is juicy and although I've never gotten the gumbo some of my coworkers grab every at every visit so it must be pretty good. Another one of the few good places to eat while in the area. If you can pay them a visit, you should. The lines do get pretty lengthy but move quickly and it's worth the wait.